Friday, May 23, 2014

Goodbye Junior High!

It's official.. our baby girl is now a high school student!  Junior high was two of her favorite years and she made some great memories.  We couldn't be more proud of Kam and her dedication to school.  This year she maintained a GPA of 4.4!!  Not only are all of her classes HONORS (math, social studies, science and language), but she practices her violin for the orchestra AND dances 15-20 hours a week after school!  I always joke that she makes it look so easy, but she is such a hard worker.   We never have to ask to do her homework, she puts 150% in to every assignment and even took on the challenge of online PE this year so she had a free credit open for more classes at school!  We couldn't be more proud of her and I may have been teary eyed when we watched her be awarded a Golden Scholar award for the fourth consecutive year in a row.  Owen has such a great example to look up to.
We love you baby girl!!  We can't believe you are going to be a freshman!  I feel like I was just sending you off to Kindergarten.  Time flies by too fast.. but you have made us so proud.  We love you!
Goodbye HJHS.. you have been good to our girl! We are grateful to all the amazing teachers and staff that have worked hard to teach our girl and prepare her for High School!

3 comments:

Suz said...

Way to go Kam!!!! <3 <3

rabidbutterfly said...

I've been a lurker since Owen was TINY. And Kam has always reminded me of my daughter, just by the personality she shows in your photos, and how much of an awesome big sister she is.
So, it was rather emotional to see that she graduated Jr. High the week after my daughter Morganne graduated High School. She is a very gifted, giving and loving, responsible and awesome person, and I hope she knows I look at her with just as much pride as I do my own daughter.

Kerrigan said...

Great Job Honey!!