Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Storms and Traveling

Owen is progressing leaps and bounds lately! He has more energy than ever, he is talking up a storm and so long are the days of scooting on his bum. He follows us around the house chit chatting about whatever he can think of. He is constantly asking for snacks and I am scooping his cheek less and less. We are in awe of how well he is doing. I don't want to jinx myself by saying it, but he hasn't puked in months!!! Amazing.

We are looking forward to our trip to Stanford in three weeks. Not because I have to send Owen to the cath lab and for an MRI, but because I am so hopeful that we are going to hear great news! My reality may be crushed terribly, but I am choosing to be hopeful.

Traveling to Stanford always proves a challenge. I got decent deals on airline tickets, but reserving a portable oxygen concentrator for the plane is always a pain. I had one reserved, but they suddenly have no availability. The search continues....

We are looking forward to visiting the beach, San Fransisco and Carson's siblings. We are all pretty excited to get away from this heat!

Speaking of which.. we had a huge dust storm roll through here yesterday. The meteorologists were calling it a Haboob.. I like to call it a dust storm. It sounds better. Monsoon season is one of my favorite times of year in the desert. Check out this wall of dust....


(photo courtesy of azcentral.com)
Speaking of storms... there is one rolling in right now.

Time to go bake some cookies.

3 comments:

Grandma~rella said...

YAY for sweet Owen! He's sure looking amazing and simply adorable! Isn't it just the best, to hear the precious things kids come up with at this age? :) Sending thought's, prayers and love...always! (((HUGS)))

Jen, Paul and Gracie said...

It is so wonderful to see the awesome progress that Owen is making! I am hoping once Gracie hits the threes the butt scooting will become a memory for us too :)

Aimee Hardy said...

I saw the storm on the news and thought of you guys and hoped you weren't caught out at the pool when it rolled in. So glad Owen is doing better than ever. I hope you have a good trip with great results.