Carson's car bit the dust this week so he's been taking my car to work everyday. This leaves us with no transportation and I must admit.. it's really nice. Aside from the obvious that we can't leave the house to spend money, we are forced into laziness. Our days have been full of Wii battles, Netflix browsing and making crazy lunch concoctions.I dread going to the grocery store, more so than scrubbing floors. With that said, we have very few options for lunch and so we have been getting pretty creative. If I had my car, I'd probably just load up the kids and run to In-n-out or Chick Fil A. So having no transportation this week has proved to be a nice break for us all.
On Wednesday, Carson had his stent removed that was left after his Kidney Stone removal surgery. I'm sure it was uncomfortable and I drove him so he could take his pain killers ahead of time. Today he woke up with the same horrible pain in his left side... this last kidney stone was in the right. It's probably another stone passing as he's been vomiting at work and in pain. The good news is that he had a CT scan a few weeks back and it showed a small, < 1mm stone, on his left kidney. It's small enough to pass on it's own. Poor guy.
We should be packing and getting ready for our trip to Palo Alto.. but instead I've been enjoying long afternoon cuddles with my kids. Kamryn only has three weeks before she's a sixth grader. I'm so sad, but at least it's not middle school. We are praying that Owen's cath/mri next week will show that he is Fontan eligible... wouldn't that be so great?!
I'll be updating a few times each day next week as it will be a big week.
For now.. I'm going to go back to being lazy.
Or making a tuna on a bagel with feta cheese.
Or cuddling my little man to sleep and laying in bed chatting with Kamryn.
These are the best days of summer.
In case you are curious.. the picture above has nothing to do with this post. Owen wanted me to take a picture of him chewing on his iPod ear phones... he's nuts.
4 comments:
You can't beat lazy summer holidays! Will be watching out for your updates next week - it goes without saying that we'll be keeping you all in our thoughts, and will be hoping and praying for some great news when Owen has his cath. xxx
I'm so sorry to hear that Carson is in so much pain! I hope he feels better soon, and that everything goes well next week. Good luck!! I will keep you all in my prayers!
Enjoy your down time Andrea! We are keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers for your upcoming Palo Alto trip for good news!!
Praying for your big week!
Post a Comment