Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Checkup and Lazy Days

Kamryn had her 11 year well check up and immunizations this morning. Where has the time gone? My baby girl is still 5' 3" and 102 lbs... she hasn't changed in the past three months. Dr Robin projects her height to be around 5'8"!! Kamryn was asked about her diet, her exercise, daily activities and school. I'm serious when I say we couldn't have been blessed with a more perfect girl. Well.. I guess except for when I ask her to do chores and she says "I don't feel like it right now." That part I might want to change a little. :) We had a relaxing weekend and it's overflowed into our week. Mondays is scrub down day and my clean house is making me happy! I've spent a ton of time on the phone trying to make last minute appointments and reservations for our trip to Stanford. I just called Dr Hanley's office to schedule a post cath/mri sit down with him. I have a million questions about the Fontan and I'm curious on his thoughts of the Tricuspid Valve repair he performed in February. I also scheduled a pre-op visit with Dr Rosenthal (heart failure cardiologist) while we're up there.


The rental car is still in limbo, but I found and reserved a portable oxygen concentrator. I am such a planner, so I'm trying to pinpoint the best beach to visit and also where we are going to eat. I should learn to just go with the flow more.


Owen and Kamryn has been busy playing Video Games and watching Netflix. Kamryn bought a new Zelda game the other day and Owen can't get enough. Every once in a while they come up for air and want some watermelon or carrots. I figured a couple days of mindless play won't hurt them. Owen is so enthralled he won't even look at me while I take his picture... at least he smiled!


The past week.. Kamryn has been practicing her violin religiously and Owen learned his days of the week! We have a full day of swimming and outdoor play tomorrow followed by Carson's second kidney stone retrieval on Thursday. I like to call these our lazy days of Summer and we are enjoying every last one of them. There is only 4 more weeks of summer vacation before Kam starts school and Owen is going to have a busy fall as well. Speaking of lazy.. I'm off to take an afternoon nap with the kids.

1 comment:

Evie's Story said...

I just love how close your kiddos are. Cameron is SUCH a sweet big sister!