Then we walked through the old mine and played in the jail cells.
Owen stayed in his stroller the entire time and there were no real "hands on" exhibits. We stayed away from anything he could touch to avoid germs. I did let him play outside and pan for gold. That lasted about 3 minutes and after showing him lots of fools gold, he decided this leaf was a much bigger treasure!! "I found a leaf mama!!! I'm all done."
The rest of the kiddos found baggies full of gold but it wasn't too hard to get them out of the nasty heat. It was so hot!! We headed back into the museum to discover the Dinos.
Owen gets a little bored at this museum because there isn't a whole lot of interaction in the exhibits, but there is a cool flash flood dino exhibit that keeps him interested.
The older kids checking out the dinosaurs. Kamryn look so tall here in comparison to her cousins.. They are only a year or two apart in age.
We found a little play room with interactive "stuff". The kids played for a second and Kam made Owen a dinosaur drawing. We then took Owen to the cave with a strobe light and a giant mammoth which was his favorite part of the museum.
We weren't there longer than an hour and the kids were getting hungry. Aida and I took the kids to a super yummy mexican restaurant in downtown Mesa called Mangos. It was really good! We then walked the kids a block down to the Sugar Shack and let them pick up a icy treat. Owen picked a green Otterpop, while Kam settled for ice cream. It was so fun to catch up with Aida and the kids. We don't live far from each other, but our lives just get so crazy busy.
We hadn't had enough fun, so Aida and the kids came over to play. Then Larissa dropped off her girls to play as well. The cousins all get along so great! I've said it before, but I love that Kamryn has such great relationships with all her cousins on both sides of our families and we are so lucky to live so close to all of them!!
It was a really fun day and since Owen missed his nap, we all crashed early. Today is a down day around our here.. no chores, very little cooking and a long afternoon nap. It's been great!!
1 comment:
I love how well the cousins get on - so cute!
Cxx
Post a Comment