Saturday, December 12, 2009

This is what happens...

.....when Owen attempts to butt-scoot away from his oxygen tank.

23 comments:

Chanelle said...

LOL ~ What a great picture that tells an adorable story! :)

Suzan said...

Aw, it is an adorable picture but I pray that one day he'll be able to run around free of his oxygen tank.

dmg said...

Such a cute face, even if the oxygen is pulling on it! Gotta love how these kids won't let anything keep them from doing what they want to do---even a heavy oxygen tank.

Deanna--Gracie's mama

The Curtis Family said...

That is Fabulous!!!

Life Unscripted said...

I couldn't help but laugh but at the same time say....awww..poor little guy. dang that oxygen tank.

TrishAnderson said...

How sad to be so restricted. It is a funny picture though.

The B Family said...

LOVE IT!!! Love the look of determination on that sweet boy!

R said...

Ha! Bless him.

A youngster with similarly severe heart challenges that I used to live near has a powerchair now, so she can zoom around without giving the O2 a second thought - and keep up with a little girl's busy life without tiring out so fast. Maybe an option for Owen while he waits to get fixed up?

Waite Family said...

That is a great picture. Here's to praying for little Owen to someday getting around without his oxygen tank. He is an adorable little guy. We keep praying for him and our own little heart baby. May the Lord bless you and your family.

Autumn said...

Just adorable!

Melanie said...

lol! Such a cutie pie!

Tasha said...

That made me giggle a bit.Only because I remember when we had oxygen tanks and tubes. Bree didn't know there was another part of the house except for the living room and our bedroom where she slept with us. I love his face!

Smiley Family said...

That is great! Thanks for the smile!

Allison said...

oh that face is priceless!

Kathy said...

Oh Andrea...get that boy a longer tube!

That picture really cracks me up today...Isaac isn't on O2 right now...but, he WAS hooked up to his feeding pump, and just kept crawling until the balloon and ALL just popped out of his belly.
so gross.
So this picture, of Owen trying to go farther than the tube would allow...just cracks me up. (and reminds me of my near-heart-attack-moment today)

Hope you're having a fun weekend!
Kathy

Claire said...

Oh bless him!

Cxx

Aimee Hardy said...

Ha! You got a big out loud chuckle from me with that one.

g-ma-vicki said...

Blogs are the "ultimate" treasure to a grandma! Even though I live 2 miles away, I can have Kami and Owie in mu family room all the time- even though I've seen him do this a zillion times, the photo is still freshly hilarious! We should do a viseo of everyone in the family try to avoid tripping on it and yanking it out of his nose. So many near misses!

Anonymous said...

Priceless picture...and even funnier for those of us in the HLHS tribe. I'll look forward to the day Rudy can actually motor away from his O2 on his own, but in the meantime, we do pretty well managing to get hung up while we carry him all on our own.

Wright Family said...

Now that is determination!

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!!! I laughed for 15 minutes on that one. So cute, great shot!

Elli said...

he needs a little camelpack oxygen tank that he can wear so that way he can scoot all around without having to try to drag that big ole thing around with him.

adorable picture though.

Summer said...

I love it!!!