Monday, December 7, 2009

In the News

In the News... It's raining today!!! It's Freezing COLD at 56 degrees. It finally feels like winter.

In the News... Check out the AZ Republic's news story today.

In the News... If you live in Phoenix and you are a heart family... the Phoenix Mended Little Hearts Holiday Party is this Saturday. It'd be great to meet ya'll face to face and have some fun. Everyone's going... including Santa! You can email me for more info. We'd love to see you there!!

andreanicolesimmons@hotmail.com

In the News... Did you hear about this tragic accident that happened in Southern Utah over Thanksgiving weekend?? You can go here, to help out.

In the News... We got a call from Stanford on Friday and it turns out that Owen's most recent antibody test came back and his numbers are dropping... on their own!! His antibodies are still highly sensitized, but the lower his numbers are, the less treatment he'll need prior to transplant. For you biology junkies...

Class I Antibodies went from 77 to 23

Class II Antibodies went from 99 to 96

Stanford does a specialized antibody test called a C1Q and his test from May showed he went from 5 common Antigens down to 1 common Antigen.

Did I lose you?? Basically the higher the numbers and the more common, the harder it will be to find a heart and the more treatment Owen will need to lower those numbers. By treatment, I mean IVIG (Immunoglobulin) and Cellcept (immunosuppresent).

In the News.... Only 18 Days until Christmas!!

12 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

I read about him and Ethan earlier today. Owen is such a rock star. Did you see the typo?

Kristi said...

I will be there Saturday!

Allison said...

Owen's antibodies are dropping?? WAHOO! What wonderful news for you guys!

Staci said...

That is great about his antibodies! Hopefully things will continue in the right direction. You have a beautiful and very strong family, keep it up

Staci (angel Bridger's mom)

TrishAnderson said...

That is GREAT news about Owen. Congrats. Your article in the paper was also wonderful. We continue to pray for you and wish you the very best.

Aimee Hardy said...

Awesome news about the antibodies, and I loved the article in the news paper.

I can't believe how big Owen is getting. He is just so stinkin' cute. I love the picture of him stealing tree ornaments. Jack started pulling off my big nice ornaments today and setting them gently in the garbage can. That's a fun trick. Little stinkers. :)

Wendy Wells said...

You're freezing! The high here ... 22!! Now that's freezing! I'd love to live where you're at right now! Congrats on Owen's antibodies!

Kathy said...

oh my gosh...I wish we had a great organized heart group here. I think the most organized are the moms that come to hang out at our house (when I invite them...when it's clean...which isn't as often as i'd like)

wahoo for those numbers...that are over my head..but, if they're great, i'm clapping and dancing for you guys!

Wright Family said...

Amazing what the power of prayer can do! Thank you God, keep up the good work :)

Jen

g-ma-vicki said...

When I told Dad the good news about Owen's antibodies dropping I was all blubbering and Gigi asked, "Isn't that good?" I said "Like a miracle" She did one of her front flips over the lazy boy chair...just stuck her landing like a pro..chanting "Go OWen..Go Owen...yea yea yea Go Owen!"( Hip-hop style) Seriously, as a family we have seen miracle after miracle with OWEN this year...our hearts are growing and enlarging in a beautiful way this year.

Melody said...

Glad to hear Owen's good news! I am always praying for him and your family! He is such a blessing!

Summer said...

What fabulous news about Owen's antibodies!