Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's Time To Say Goodbye...

....to Working! It's official.. I am no longer a working woman! It's bittersweet and I will miss my coworkers and friends at Godaddy. In my time there, I have become quite the technical geek that I've never wanted to be. After my first weeks there I came home crying and thought I'd never understand all that techy stuff. I hate to leave, but my kids and hubby deserve more of my time and I need to finish school. That's right.. it's back to school once again! I am taking two bios and a chem this semester and then I'll apply to nursing school in January. Depending on the size of the waiting lists for nursing school... I may just work on my Bachelors in the meantime and my end goal is to get my masters in speech pathology. How amazing would it be to work with babies and kids ALL DAY, EVERYDAY and get paid for it!!??

I am excited about this new chapter in my life and can't wait to see what the future holds!

7 comments:

Scott McMillan said...

you are going to be such a great nurse. Congratulations. I would feel privledged if you were Tylers nurse.

Wright Family said...

Congratulations on the new chapter in your life, that is just terrific.

The Ridgway Family said...

I am so excited for you Andrea. I know what a difficult decision it is to quite working and just be a mom, but you are right that your children and hubby need you. I just made that change as well and it was hard, but so worth it. You will be an absolutely wonderful nurse and speech pathologist. Best of luck to you in school.

Keisa

The Curtis Family said...

How exciting! You will do great. Being a nurse myself has helped me so much with Ethan. What a fun opportunity. Take Care!

---Allison

Sojkas In AZ said...

Andrea, no good-bye's here!! I'm so happy for you and your thoughtful decision! I'll miss you at work, that's for sure, but we'll definitely stay in touch. And yes, let's go see the movie in November!! We'll make a girl day out of it. :)

P. Family said...

Sounds awesome!!!

Holly Brooke said...

You are going to be awesome at whatever you do! Enjoy this time with your family, relax and rest!