I open up the window and see the same two described guys from Carson and they were throwing rocks at our house!! I was furious!! I opened up the front door and in the most polite tone possible at the time...
ME: "Why are you throwing rocks at our house?"
SKATER PUNK: "We're looking for John... tell you boyfriend he owes us money"
ME: (HA HA ... when was the last time I had a boyfriend?) "I'm married, you met my husband at the crack of dawn and there is no John here"
OTHER PUNK: "Whatever, he owes us!"
ME: "You have the wrong house, you are scaring our children, please get off of our property and I will be reporting this to the police"
Both punks run to a silver car parked just a few yards away, a familiar car in a familiar spot... hmmm... neighbors perhaps? One of them puts his skateboard over the license plate as if I haven't seen it or won't see it when he has to move the skateboard to get into the car... GENIUSES!! They'll never know that I have the worst eye sight possible and my glasses are 10 years old so there is NO way I could have read the license plate. They drove away in a flash... probably on their way to high school.
Carson called the cops, they came out and filed a report. It is considered criminal damage due to the chip in the window (although minor), I will press charges. I told them I would absolutely prosecute and guided them to the house where the car was and IS usually parked. The police officer spent quite a bit of time chatting with the homeowners. As soon as the boys come home from school, I will take a picture of the car and the license plate to provide to the police officer. Hopefully we won't have any more disturbances :).
The worst part of the whole situation is that Kamryn already checks the locks 3 times a night as it is. She is a bit paranoid and this does NOT help the situation one bit! It sounds like we live in the ghetto and we actually live in a super nice neighborhood with an LDS stake center parked in the middle of our neighborhood. What PuNkS for putting a damper in our perfect morning!!
6 comments:
I'm Carson's cousin ~ So sorry this happened! Why do kids have to get their thrills from bugging other people? I just don't get it. But, I'm glad that everyone is ok.
What stupid kids. I stand behind you on pressing charges. These kids need to learn. I swear, there are so many stupid kids out there. I'm impressed that you were brave enough to open your door. I'm such a sissy... I would have just called the cops. Well, maybe I would have opened the blinds and flipped them off first. :) I'm proud of you! :)
What punks!! I would have been furious! I am so glad you reported it and I hope they pay for it - sounds like they need to learn a lesson.
I definitely think you should press charges as well. They are PUNKS in the true sense of the word and I am so sorry that they scared Kamryn and chipped your window. Keep us informed on what happens. I hope they have to meet the consequences of their horrible actions. What kind of children are people raising?!?
Keisa
Good for you for standing up to those kids...I am really worried about the future of some of our country's youth.
Oh how scary!
I have a story for you. About 6 1/2years ago when Nathan was just a baby I had some scary looking woman and man come to my door one Sunday afternoon and accuse me of being married to her husband. Seriously this woman looked like she had been on meth. . no front teeth, blonde grown out to dark roots, very hard looking. She would not believe me that my Scott was not the Scott she was looking for. She even had his social security # too. . .so of course we froze our credit. WEIRD. Scott had worked a night shift and so he was asleep, when I had to wake him to prove to the lady she was WRONG! Of course when she saw him . .she said that he wasn't her Scott Quigley (DUH?). After they left I called the police and reported them . .just to be safe. It really scarred me.
Fast forward to 3 years ago. One Saturday afternoon I had our city police show up at our door because the Coroner's office in Pennsylvania was trying to get ahold of my husband since his wife had died. . .yep, you guessed it. it was her! They wanted to know what he wanted done with her body. So that day was spent talking to the coroner and explaining we didn't know this lady and told him what had happened with her showing up on our door step 5 years earlier. Even after getting that straightened out. . .we still got a call from the funeral home wanting to know how we were paying for the funeral. It finally got worked out, but I tease Scott all the time about his crackhead wife. . .which he doesn't find amusing. Hopefully she is resting in peace or haunting the Scott Quigley she was really looking for.
My kids would have freaked out too. I hope you are able to get to the bottom of this and they don't relatiate.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn
Post a Comment