Tuesday, March 14, 2017

A Nightly Recap

Owen has been resting comfortably all day.  He has woken up intermittently and is responsive to our questions.  He doesn't like to be adjusted or messed with and quickly adjusts himself back to where he is comfortable.  He says he isn't feeling any pain and seems content.  We've had to use the heating blanket off an on during the day when his temp drops below 36* and I may be envious of that warm blanket. Anyone that has spent any amount of time in an ICU setting knows how cold it is.

We removed his Femoral arterial line while he was still pretty sedated.  All his dressings were changed this afternoon and his sternal incision looks beautiful.  The oozy blood has subsided after another dose of platlets.  We finished up his IVIG early this evening and started his ATG (Rabbit Globulin).  After a repeat xray this afternoon, Dr Maeda decided to hold off on the chest tube placement for the pneumothorax.  He felt it was looking a little improved, but we won't know which way that will go by morning.  He is a little fluid positive but we are waiting to diurese him until his BP increases a little (currently 86/45).  It really is a balancing act.  He is in good hands this evening.

We are hoping for a quiet night with plenty of rest.  I'm going to sleep on the unit and Carson is back at the hotel resting up for a busy day tomorrow.  Thank you for all the love, support and prayers.  We feel all the love!!  Prayers have been answered.


8 comments:

Judy said...

Praise the Lord for a miracle! Prayers continue!

Ben and Robbie and family said...

It's been so amazing to follow along on your incredible journey. Your entire family is just amazing. I admire you so much for your amazing attitudes throughout Owen's entire life. Praying for you all.

Tboedie said...

You hang in there Owen & Crew! We've been there & know the highs & lows you face each day. You are all doing an amazing job. Before you know it, you will all be back in Arizona TOGETHER and wondering how you endured all of this. For now, just take one minute, hour & day at a time. ❤Sending love, hugs & prayers to your family!

Unknown said...

Still thinking of Owen and your family from Chicago, IL. Praying for all of you.

Wendy C said...

Good to hear the good updates. Praying for continued good progress. I feel you on those cold rooms. Hugs and prayers, Wendy

Monica Kapler said...

Thank you for updating us. That's so wonderful to hear and I will pray for another smooth and restful day.

Victoria Nelson said...

so happy to read this. continuing to pray for you all. you all have been on my heart a lot. much love-justin

KrisAnn said...

When I saw the post about the call yesterday, I was crying happy tears for you all. I am just SO happy that your family, and your amazing boy have been given this gift. My daughter said a special prayer last night for Owen to continue to do well and have a strong, long, healthy life. She is 7 years old. We don't know you personally, but my kids and I continue to hope, pray, and wish the best for you all. Love from Tucson!