Monday, March 13, 2017

We Have A Heart!!

UPDATE:: Owen will be going to the OR around 10pm tonight.

After 292 days on the transplant list... Owen got the call!  It was 11:30pm and I had just fallen asleep. Dr Kaufman told me about a perfect offer and things were in motion. Nothing prepares you for this moment...even after experiencing it before. I shake to my core with adrenaline, fear, excitement and then the wave of grief hits. I imagine a family that is suffering their greatest loss. I go through the motions of arranging flights, hotels and packing. We kiss our other two loves goodbye and had my parents drop us off at Scottsdale Airport to meet our medic team.
 
  We arrived at LPCH by 4am and settled into our room. Then we crashed for two hours...I took the recliner and Carson took the couch that I called my bed for half the year. We had a wonderful week at home!! We are recharged and ready to tackle this next journey.
  Pray with us. Pray for Aly's family...they gave us 3 1/2 amazing years!! This perfect heart has served its purpose and we have seen miracles happen. Owen had a blessing (thanks Kip and Harrison) today and he feels calm and ready! We are just waiting around and spending time together. I think I may even nap. It's unlikely we will go to the OR before 9pm. There is a lot of orchestrating that happens with this process. Pray for the donor family that they will feel peace. That they know their child's heart is going to a boy that will live life to the fullest and do great things. I'll post another update in a bit when we have a better idea of when we will head into surgery. Thank you for all the support!

26 comments:

Jennifer said...

Praising God for his provision and praying for strength and peace for you, healing, strength, and peace for Owen, wisdom for the Drs and nurses, and comfort and peace for the donor family!

Unknown said...

Praying for you and Owen and family. Lighting candles for all to go well.

The B Family said...

Praying over each step and each person...especially your precious boy & the amazing families who have and are giving the greatest gift.

Kelley said...

Praying over all the details and lifting up Alys family and the new donors family. Praying for God to meet all involved exactly where they are at.

Unknown said...

What a blessing that you and Owen got to spend a week at home before having to go to the hospital for the transplant. Praying that everything goes smoothly and this heart lasts him 100 years!

Unknown said...

Continuing to pray for everyone

Anonymous said...

I remember this process and the wait well. Praying for the surgeons that they may have clear heads and steady hands, praying for your family and Owen, and praying hard for the donor family that they may find peace in this very difficult time. God bless.

Elaine said...

Always praying for Owen from Kalamazoo Michigan! Bless you all and the donor family. ❤❤Owen is so big!! Go get em, Buddy!!��

Jamie said...

Praying in NC!

Unknown said...

Praying for Owen and the surgeons and the family that is donating the heart. I am thrilled that Owen is getting a heart but sad for the family that had to lose a child. You've got this Owen. Good luck and keep us posted.

Judy said...

Praying for your precious boy, your family and the donors family.

Duckling1030 said...

So many prayers. I can't believe that it has been 3 1/2 years since his first transplant. It feels so very long ago, and just like yesterday.

Wodzisz Family said...

You will be in our prayers all night!

tracey said...

I've been following your story. My husband was just released after a six month stay at the hospital. He was listed for months as a 1A. He ended up getting a Lvad instead. Your son is a inspiration. If he can do it then my husband can! What a brave little boy. My prayers are with your family.

Learning to Sew Mama said...

More prayers on your ways guys as well as the donor family.

Teresa said...

Praying in SC. God knew that some time at home was needed before the next battle began. The warrior and his army are ready.

Chrys said...

Praying in Michigan!

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

Praying for your sweet family, Aly's family and the donor family ❤

Basarabas said...

Praying for you all and the doctors! This is truly a miracle! Bless that sweet donor family!

Isabelle said...

Prayers for your beautiful family, Aly's family and the new donor's family. So many people joining into the true miracle of life. Praying for the doctors through this surgery. Go Owen!!

Tboedie said...

So happy for your family! Prayers and best wishes from Scottsdale! ❤

Philamer said...

Sending your family lots of love and Aloha!

Unknown said...

I am filled with joy and gratitude and inspiration! You have been steadfast in your faith and care, now your time has come! I pray for the perfect outcome, and for the greatest and highest good of all. With love and admiration. See you soon! �� Nurse Nancy G.

Unknown said...

Staying positive prayers!!!

g-ma-vicki said...

When we got to the airport, when I snuggled Owen goodbye he said bravely, "Let's get this party started!" A super super-hero!