Since we were already out on a Saturday afternoon, we headed to downtown Gilbert for some Fish Tacos. They have really good Calamari fries. What could be better than delicious fish tacos and Legos on a Saturday afternoon? Coming home to take a long afternoon nap with this little guy!
Owen was back to school today and had a great day! He is starting to get into the swing of second grade and find his groove. I have a meeting with his team today to discuss a "plan" for this year. While unloading our Costco load, I asked Owen to throw away this wrapper off the water bottles. Ten minutes later I find that he had turned it into a backpack. I have an inventor on my hands.. a Supehero loving, lego master building, turn trash into treasure inventor.

Now if he can only invent a clone of me to teach Kam to drive. I seriously am a nervous wreck every time she is behind the wheel. We will get there. :) She only has about 40 hours of summer break left and she will be back to school all day.
I suppose I will just enjoy my quiet mornings with this little fella. He will keep mama busy and on her toes while the bigger kids are at school. Trying to soak it all in... we all know babies don't keep and they grow up way too fast.Happy Monday!





5 comments:
I am intrigued on how Owen earns money in the hospital. Do you have a post on that at all?
Yes. He had a piggy bank and every time he had a poke or procedure the nurse's and docs would put change in his piggy bank. Family and friends would put change in when they visited as a surprise to brighten his mood. It all added up to $200 over 5 weeks. He loved it.
I am so happy to hear about Lego Day! Owen, you deserve all the Legos in the world!!!
Love your family and so happy things seem back to a more normal tone. That little one steals my heart every picture. You are an amazing Mom. I admire you. You sure have been blessed.
Well deserved Owen. Hope you have a great Second Grade year.
Post a Comment