Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Busy, Crazy Life

Life has been in overdrive lately and most days I feel like I can hardly keep up.  My brain doesn't have a shut-off mode and it just goes a million miles a minute.  Every time the phone rings, I jump to answer it, not knowing if the person on the other end is our nurse from Stanford calling to inform us a heart is available. 

Usually, when I know there is a hospital stay or procedure scheduled, I go into overdrive and "nesting" mode.  I scrub my house, re organize things, stock up the fridge for Daddy and Kam, make sure all the laundry is done and my list goes on.  I feel like I can't prepare for transplant, there will be no warning, so I just nest every single day.  It's exhausting. 

I know that we will be living in another state for a minimum of three months.  I want to make sure life is as simple and organized as possible for my hubs and Kam.  I am the one that keeps up the house, I do all the grocery shopping, I prepare meals, cook, clean, do laundry, get the kids to all their activities.  Daddy brings home the bacon and pitches in where he can.  I hate that the burden of all my chores and responsibilities will lie upon his shoulders while we are gone. 

We can't change what is inevitable, so I am trying to prepare the best way I know how.  The laundry is always in motion, the floors are constantly mopped/vacuumed, the drawers are organized, and I have been donating all kinds of junk to get it out of the way. 

I know that all of this is trivial and I am trying to focus on the bigger picture.  It's hard not to plan.  I am a planner.  An extreme planner!  So I have focused my energy on preparation.  Only, I cannot bring myself to pack a suitcase for us.  I just can't do it.

I am also trying to focus on TODAY and not always on what tomorrow may bring.  We are on a countdown to Halloween and Owen is so thrilled to wear his costume!  This week has been full of appointments.  Both kids had their dental cleanings yesterday and no cavities could be found.  Owen's two bottom permanent teeth are growing in quickly and they are pushing their way in sideways.  Now he has four loose teeth!

Kam doesn't get a quarterly report card in Junior High, but her 1st quarter grades were perfect "As" and since she's in all honors classes, she has a GPA of 4.8!  Isn't that insane??  I never even saw a 4.0 in school, so I am pretty proud!!

Daddy pulled him hamstring playing baseball a few weeks ago and has a gnarly bruise from his knee down his calf.  He has appointments with physical therapy and docs to get it healed up quickly. 

Kam's performance on Saturday will kick start her busy dance season.  She has competitions, performances and parades coming up in Nov and Dec.  She gets her new costume and props tomorrow, which means new shoes and tights need purchased as well. 

There you have it.  Life is busy, crazy most days!  I don't think I would want it any other way.
**Want to win a copy of the new Tinkerbell Movie "Secret of the Wings"? Go HERE and leave me a comment to enter!!

2 comments:

Kerrigan said...

WOW.Thats all I can say.Is WOW. I hear you about leaving things as easy as you can for your family.
What if you schedule some down time for yourself during each day.Even if its 15 minutes to drink some tea/coffee and read a magazine or book.

Wright Family said...

I'm with you, I tried to plan and was always on egg shells.. but then, the call didn't come, for months and months and months. We are almost a year out. So, the best advice I can give you is this. Just enjoy today. The call will come when it comes. Try to relax and be as "normal" as you can. This time with your family is so important, and irreplaceable. :)