Monday, May 7, 2012

Wrapping up the Weekend

We had the best weekend together. Kam had her last orchestra concert of 6th grade and did a great job!  She has progressed so much on Violin over the last two years.  Next year she will be in the Junior High orchestra and we have heard fantastic things about her new orchestra teacher.  I am so glad we can finally get rid of the bright purple orchestra shirt that has been worn for every concert since fifth grade.

Daddy took Friday off work because we had a billion things to catch up on, including a few medical tests I needed to get done.  In the morning, Owen showed off his amazing Gymnastics skills for Daddy and Sis.  He has seriously progressed so much in gross motor skills over the last year!  I will take some pictures and videos tomorrow at the gym.  After lunch, we decided to try to catch the new Avenger movie before the crazy lines started.  The theatre was sold out, but we had fantastic seats!!  Owen was in total movie heaven watching Thor battle Ironman in the park, then the Hulk throwing Loki around like a rag doll.  The giggles and joy were priceless!  We all loved it so much!! 

On Saturday morning, we woke up and decided to take our first swim of the season!  The water was perfect, and it was so relaxing.  After a failed attempt at an afternoon nap, we jumped in the car and headed to the Cine Capri to see the Avengers for a second time with my family.  Thanks Dad!  The lines were wrapped around the building two fold, it was insane.  Management was so sweet and saw Owen was in the stroller with all his tubes and feed supplies and let him enter the theatre before everyone else to ensure he got a handicapped spot.  We were there 90 min before showtime, so we had some time to hang out.  The movie was just as entertaining the second time around!  The previews didn't disappoint either.. Brave, Batman, Spiderman.. we have a full summer of blockbuster hits coming up!!

On Sunday, we decided we needed some downtime and invited family over to swim.  Owen was finally used to the water and let Kam swim with him.  He kept going underwater and wants to swim so bad.  He did a lot of kicking and bubble blowing and I'm sure he'll be swimming on his own by the end of summer this year.
Gigi loves to be thrown around, climbs on shoulders and likes to do "tricks" into the pool and have you give her a rating between 1-10.  I totally did the same thing when I was little.
Livvy is so brave and just jumps around and wants to be thrown across the pool.  "Again again!!"  She has so much energy!!! 
Owen likes to get in until he's tired, then gets out and lays in the chair.  Then back in until he gets tired.. and it just goes on.  I hate that he gets tired so easily.. it breaks my heart.  Daddy was laying out trying to get tan, and ended up a nice shade of pink instead. Ha.  I had SPF 30 on and I even got burnt.  I will never regret paying extra for the kids SPF 75 and I slather them up!!! 
That wraps up our weekend!  We had a relaxing Sunday afternoon.. while Owen napped, I ran to get a much deserved pedicure.  We had pizza with cousins for dinner and then Tate slept over.  I gave the girls mani/pedis and Owen even got Hulk green toes.  It was a fun night and today was an early start to our week! 

Three weeks until we go to Stanford and I am looking forward to it!  I have mixed feelings and I am anxious to get all these questions answered that are weighing on my mind.  I pray the path we are meant to take is crystal clear! 

Oh.. I forgot to mention that Kam has pink eye again!  That's all. :)

2 comments:

Stefenie said...

You guys always seem to have the best time together! Poor Kam and the pink eye. :( Will be keeping all of you in my prayers for the upcoming visit to Stanford. {{{HUG}}}

Sarah said...

The picture of Owen in the pool with is sister made me cry. It is the sweetest thing I have seen in a long time. Those two do have a special bond that no one is going to break.