Saturday, December 11, 2010

Good to be Home

It feels so good to be back home, nevermind the pile of dirty laundry that I have to tackle today. The best part of coming home was picking up Kamryn. She told us every detail of her week and we soaked it all in. She had a good time with her cousins and almost got a day off school due to a school lockdown. Almost.

We continue to enjoy our holiday season and can't wait to share with our kids a big Christmas surprise... tomorrow!

After working our way through airport security, we stopped by for a visit with Santa. No lines and a free photo ... Owen had the perfect opportunity to tell Santa what he wants for Christmas .. "Ipod!" That's it.
As for the medical stuff...

The cardiologists and surgeons will meet on Wednesday to discuss the results of Owen's MRI. We should know in the next two weeks, a game plan, and hopefully a surgery date.

Review Stuff...

I had the opportunity to do a fun review for Blogher and included is a chance to win a $200 VISA giftcard! I don't get tons of hits like the big blogs so you have a great chance to win! Scroll down...

I will also claify that we don't live on processed foods. Ha. We only eat them in moderation and my kids eat tons of healthy fresh fruits, veges and lean proteins too. Just to claify. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Simmons Family!
My name is Victoria, I am 17 years old with HLHS. Last Christmas season I received a heart transplant and am doing great. This is my first time posting to your blog, and I wanted to wish Owen, and your whole family, luck with his upcoming procedures and possible OHS. He is the CUTEST little boy ever!!!! I think it is adorable that he is asking for an Ipod for Christmas :] Your entire family seems so loving. Your two children are so lucky to have caring parents like you and Carson. I know from experience that it is hard being in the hospital for so many days on end and having to miss work to stay with your son. My mom quit work to stay with me for months waiting for my transplant. My dad ended up coming everyday after work to see me. Anyways, Have a GREAT Christmas and a happy and healthy new year.

Victoria
Chicago, IL

Anonymous said...

I have followed your blog for a long time. I never comment, because I feel like I never have the right words, but know that I am praying right along with you that Owen gets better. I can't imagine everything your family has been through. I love your positive outlook. I wish your entire family a Merry Christmas, and hope Owen gets his Ipod:) God Bless!

The Smith's said...

I just can't get over Owen sitting on Santa's lap like that ... Luke wants NOTHING to do with Santa =(

Mary said...

I love reading your blog. You inspire me with your amazing outlook on life.

I'm the mother of a two year old and the most helpful "thing" to me at this time is just not sweating the small stuff. I pick and choose my battles and try to just let him learn by doing.

Happy Holidays!

mkdaiger(at)gmail(dot)com

In This Wonderful Life said...

I'll be saying a prayer as you guys get the results!!