Thursday, October 8, 2009

SWINGING

There is a great little park just off the parking lot to Kamryn's school. Now that it's cooling down, I take Owen about 30 minutes early and let him swing. He LOVES it!!!
Who knew swinging could be so much fun?? He giggles and laughs and says "winnnnnng."

I use the grocery cart cover in the swing after scrubbing it down with clorox wipes and proceed to slather him down with hand sanitizer afterwards.... I think I might be passing on my germ phobia to him.

13 comments:

Tasha said...

No...you're not passing it on...you're keeping him safe. :)

The Pifer's said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!

Greg and Heidi said...

I love all all of it! The giggles, the smiles, and yes the grocery cart liner. One day he will look back at those pictures and forgive you for making him look a little dorky because he will have made it healthy and whole to his heart transplant.

Kathy said...

I would do the same thing at the park...
if we could EVER venture out there!
He's such a cutie pie...
loving every minute of life...
as it should be!

Anonymous said...

Adorable pics of little Owen! It is wonderful to see such a happy well loved little guy! Looks like his "chicken skin" is better! I have been praying for him and your family. I think the shopping cart cover, clorox and hand sanitizer are a wonderful way of keeping him safe and he has a wonderful mommy to look after him - what a lucky guy! Thanks for sharing! I will continue to pray for your family!

Tara said...

What a great idea about the grocery cart cover!! I am going to have to remember that!!
The pictures are great, he looks like he is having a great time!

Amber Schmidt said...

I never thought of the grocery cart cover for other things!!! You rock! I think one can never be too germaphobic with a kiddo that is medically challenged.

I keep trying to pinpoint what makes Owen so darn cute and other than the eyes and the chubby cheeks... I think its the teeth! I stinkin LOVE his little toofers!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures

Anonymous said...

He looks SO HAPPY! Swinging is so good for children!
Barbara

g-ma-vicki said...

He is so cute and I love that shirt he has on. We are all germ phobic...they are in library bag, backpacks, soccer gym bag, daily chores, in both cars, by each sink,
we shower or bathe right before coming over to your house...and Dad has ALWAYS been germ phobic to begin with.

kacole said...

I have been a lurker on your sight for a while now (by way of Kelly's Korner prayer list) and I just wanted to say that Owen is just about the most precious little guy I have ever seen (aside from my own babies of course). These pictures are fantastic! How fun that such little things bring the greatest joy... for you and him.

Also, my son has "chicken skin" (we thought it was an allergic reaction too). And our pedi suggested Cetaphil lotion... but he also seemed to suggest there was not much you can do for it. We also use Bert's Baby Bees soap and Cheer Free det. for his clothes. Just FYI in case any of those things might work for you! Good luck... and praying for your family!

Kacy said...

I love your little blueberry! Hope you don't mind, I posted a link to Mr. Owen today! He makes me smile!

♥ Michele ♥ said...

He is getting so big!! Great photography skills. What a cutie!