On Monday, we decided to head down to the Oceanside harbor for lunch at the Crab Shack. Todd (Carson's dad) and Monica got married at the exact location 7 years ago, only it wasn't the Crab Shack at the time. We have some good memories of dancing, boating and hanging out on the Harbor from trips past.
Before Todd and Monica got married, Monica lived in Oceanside and still has her home there. It's such a friendly beach town with great food along the harbor and the beach was amazing!!!
Todd and Monica hooked us up with their timeshare on the beach and we loved every minute of it! Thanks!! :)
Kamryn loves the Crab Shack and can chow down! Here she is being her silly self.
Owen loved all the crab crackin' tools that they brought to the table. Every time we give him something that he really wants, he gets this BIG grin on his face.
And then he makes this face.
We strolled along the harbor and stopped at the ice cream parlor, which Kamryn said was the best ice cream ever.
The beach is just past the harbor and it was as deserted as we have ever seen it. It was such a gorgeous day in the low 70's with just a little breeze. I love the pictures with the oxygen tanks.. classic.
Owen love all things water! He was squealing and giggling every time a wave came though.
He wanted to put his feet in the freezing cold water, but he didn't want to stand up, so he picked his feet up and giggled some more.
One of the only other beach goers that day ran over and asked to take our picture. It was very sweet of her.
As soon as I realized Owen was going to be a mud covered babe, I changed him into his swimsuit so he could get down and dirty.
While we were off taking pictures, splashing in the water and building sandcastles... this little seagull and his friends decided to steal my flip flops and fly away with them. My feet can't smell that great?
Later on, Kamryn spotted my shoes off in the distance and snatched them back. We could have played in the sand all day.. it was so much fun!
We kept trying to get Owen's picture with his name in the sand, like I posted earlier, but he wanted to butt scoot away from us. Giggling and squealing, of course.
Kamryn went off to explore with Carson and came back with a bazillion seashells and "rare rocks". While they were gone, Owen and I made friends with a little girl and her mom. I love watching kids that age interact.. they don't talk much, so they just stare at each other and play quietly.
While I was packing up so we could head back to the hotel.. Owen discovered the MUD. Not the sand we had played in all day, but the muddy, sloshy goo.
Our day at the beach was perfect, and we can't wait to go back soon.
This was just the first day of our vacation, I will post day two tomorrow. Owen has his pre-op labs in the morning... which means lots of stick and needle pokes :(. I am PRAYING that he has gained some weight. The great news? He is tolerating the 30cal/ounce continuous feeds like a champ. I have him on 1300 cals a day, which is a HUGE increase from what he was at. I also shared my chocolate truffle cheesecake with him tonight.. that's got to add a few grams all by itself!
9 comments:
Sounds like you found the Cheesecake Factory on University. Just up the street from Cheesecake Factory is a place called Plutos. (It's just a couple of stores past the Borders.) If you like yummy salads and home-cooked style food, Plutos is awesome. They always have a carving station and mashed potatoes. And, the salads are fantastic. It's also reasonably priced. (Behind the Borders off of Cowper is a parking lot. There's also a nice-sized parking lot on Cowper behind California Pizza Kitchen.)
I love all the pictures!!! Great family picture and don't you just love it when someone thinks of your family and takes your picture for you? Owen is a cutie and in my prayers constantly.
Glad that you had such a nice first day of vacation. What wonderful pictures! Thank you for sharing :) Here's to hoping that the pokes, prods and weight gain go well today!
Jen
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. Owen and your family have been in my prayers all weekend and will continue to be. So glad that he is tolerating the extra feeds! Praying that everything goes well today! Take care!
What great pictures, Andrea! I am so glad y'all had some precious family time together. Owen is so stinkin' cute!!!! His smile just melts me!
Praying all goes well today...and that you're all back together soon!
Heart hugs to you~ Rebecca
gotta love the cold ocean. :) My sister has family in that area; how fun it looks. :)
Owen is so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I think it's awesome how even with the pain it must be carrying oxygen tanks everywhere that you guys still make a point to allow him to enjoy the little joys in life.
You got some awesome pictures...I love the last one of Kamryn and Owen!
Good luck today...praying for gained weight and easy needle pricks!
Thanks for having faith in me as a blogger. This 3 kids things is killer :). You guys are too cute, way to make the best out of a crazy time in your life. You guys are in our prayers.
I LOVE the pictures Andrea. I am so glad that you all had so much fun at the beach and were able to just spend time together as a family. There is nothing better in my opinion and I LOVE beach days too. I have to say that Owen looks so darling and grown up with his big boy hair, I absolutely love it!!!! I O2 tanks are classic, but what stories they will make in years to come.
I pray that all goes well today.
Love, Keisa
Post a Comment