Sunday, October 4, 2009

First Weekend in October

Our weekend disappeared. Time has a way of speeding up on the weekends. I wish I could say that our weekend was productive. That my house is clean and ready for another busy week. That I got out and enjoyed the first weekend of fabulous weather in the mid 80s. None of the above are true.

I caught some nasty respiratory bug and can't stop coughing. No other symptoms. I have torn through too many bags of cough drops, a whole bottle of hand sanitizer (my hands are raw) and I continue to wash the sheets and disinfect everything I come in contact with. The last thing I want to do is pass this on to one of the kids.

Kamryn is always really healthy and I'd like to keep it that way. Owen has been very tired lately. He hasn't felt up to playing much more than a couple hours (total) throughout the day. He prefers to relax, snuggle and tell stories. He's not sick. Just a bad cardiac week.
We had my family over for dinner tonight. We made Pasta Fijol, but I had the genius idea of putting it in the crock pot instead of a regular pot (like usual). It turned out to be mushy goo. Ya win some, ya lose some.

We've never made caramel dipped apples before.... until tonight!
The girls wanted red delicious apples, dipped in caramel, smothered in oreos and M&M's. The adults prefer a tart Granny Smith with the uber sugary coating of caramel.
I was surprised at how easy they were, the kids loved them, and even Owen tried one.
He actually picked off every last M&M and threw the majority on the floor. Whatever makes him happy!
This week is crazy busy with doctors appointments, therapies, vaccinations, volleyball, and getting outdoors. The weather is finally starting to feel like fall, in the mid 80's, so we can break out the pants!!

10 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. I am sorry to hear that Owen has had really low energy. Hugs from Georgia.

Anonymous said...

Praying for Owen! He is such a cute little guy! I hope his energy picks up!

Shosh said...

i find it hysterical that you break out the pants in the mid 80s! I live in Chicago and that's when we break out the tank tops!!! We break out the pants when it gets below 65!

Kami said...

It looks like you had a fabulous weekend filled with lots of fun! Isn't that what weekends are for anyway? Forget the cleaning and bring on the family fun :)

I giggle that you break out pants when it reaches the mid 80's! I live in Minnesota and didn't break out my pants until it got down into the 50's! I would love a warmer fall, but I couldn't imagine dealing with summer where you're at! I like my snow, so I'm not leavin' :)

g-ma-vicki said...

We loved coming over and spending the evening with the grandkids. Giselle worships her Kamryn and has NEVER missed her prayers for Owio before bed. You know Kami and I have a special wink goodbye since forever and Owen joined in and gave me the cutest winks last night...so serious when he winks BOTH at once. :-) Love Gamma

Stephanie said...

I hope you're feeling better! I think I have had the same thing...coughing has been insane for the past week!!!! So bad at times my chest just aches!

Hope Owen has a better week too...bless his heart...we want some laughing/playing/smiling pictures :)

Amber Schmidt said...

Pants in the mid 80'S!!!!!! GEEZ! WE are in the 60's here and I am LOVING IT but we don't break out the pants until its in the upper 40's! LOL

Hope you are feeling better soon :)

Tasha said...

I hope your cough starts to get better soon...we'll be praying that you don't pass it on, and that Owen starts to feel more energized soon!

Tasha said...

Oh...and we broke out the pants this weekend too. :) You're not alone.

Tiffany Lockette said...

I hope Owen is up and feeling better soon. Those candy apples look delicious by the way!!