Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

What a WONDERFUL Christmas!!
It all started at 2am when Kamryn tip toed into our room...
K: I think Santa came, I saw the light on in the family room
Me: Kamryn, those are the Christmas Tree lights, go back to bed!
K: I can't sleep!
Me: TRY! It's 2AM!

3:00am
K: Mom, Mom... it's 3!
Me: GO BACK TO SLEEP!! We aren't about to wake up at 3am.
K: I CAN'T SLEEP!
Me: I'll tuck you back into bed, you are going to sleep a little longer.

4:00am
K: Mom, I still can't sleep!
Me: Come out to the kitchen with me, I have to get Owen's formula.....
K: YEAH!!! Mom, SANTA CAME! He ate the cookies, and LOOK at all the presents!
Me: YEAH... ok, back to bed.
K: What do you think he brought us?
Me: I don't know... we'll find out SOON!
K: I'm not tired.
Me: Hmmm... I am. I'll tuck you back in.
K: (whining) I'll never be able to sleep, I just can't sleep!

7:30am
K: ZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZzzz
O:ZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzz

I first need to start by thanking Santa for not overdoing it in the TOY department this year! Kamryn got WII and DS Games, while Owen got BALLS... LOTS of balls!
We went to Justin and Larissa's to celebrate Christmas withGrandma Kathy and Brant
The Girls and Connor played in the rain. The BIG boys played a little Rockband! Owen got LOTS of toys to chew on and break through his many new teeth. Kamryn got yet another DS game (which she LOVES)!
Then we headed over to Grandpa Greg and Grandma Vicki's to spend time with my family. Gigi and Kamryn were SO excited they were handing out gifts to EVERYONE! As much as Kamryn enjoys tearing into presents... I think she enjoys watching others open the gifts she GIVES them even more.
Kamryn got a new 24" bike from Grandpa and Grandma. Now we have to teach her how to ride it... YIKES! (I know.. bad parents... we never taught her how to ride a bike)
Owen got a ride on of his own... a choo-choo... too bad his feet don't touch the ground yet :(

Owen gettings some LOVE! Owen hadn't napped, so by 6:00, he was exhausted. THEN, he got his second wind at around 8 and stayed up giggling in his crib. Such a silly guy!
We were very fortunate this year... not only to spend time with ALL our family, but to have Owen HOME with us!

3 comments:

Nic and Ashley Haws said...

Sounds like your Christmas was awesome! Owen makes me smile! He is such a cutie! And Kamryn sounds like a true sweetheart! Merry Christmas!

Katie said...

What a happy, happy boy! His smile is just so adorable :) Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!!!

One Happy Heart Family said...

What a perfect day. Looks like you guys had a blast.