Dr. Halnon, Owen's UCLA Cardiologist, will be ordering more blood work to determine his titer levels. I'm not exactly sure I understand entirely... YET... (because I will learn), but we want the titer levels to be LOW. Dr. Halnon will also be ordering some tissue type testing be done. The UCLA team will also be discussing possible treatments of the antibodies to "kill" them off. It sounds like we'll be visiting LA in the near future for possibly another cardiac cath and treatments to reduce his antibodies.We are going to continue to enjoy our wonderful Holiday season and pray that 2009 brings Owen a new heart and a chance for a healthier life!
6 comments:
We hope the same for your sweet Owen. He is so adorable! I have kept my mom updated on him... she is always asking about Owen from Arizona! :) I'm so sorry the news came back more negative than positive. Don't loose hope! We are praying for you. I truly hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
All our love,
Nic, Ashley & Mercydez
So sorry to hear this news, wish it was better. Keeping ya in our prayers!
Amen sister! They will probably try the Rituximab first, or maybe you suggest it! ha ha, and then go from there. Looks like our kiddos are just alike! Tomorrow is the day for her next medicine. Cross your fingers that this works!
Love, Suzie
Praying for precious Owen...and his new heart! Tis the season for Miracles!!!
Heart hugs~ Rebecca
Thank you Andrea for the update. I will continue to pray for Owen and your family that they can get his antibodies down so he can get his new heart! I think 2009 is going to be a wonderful year and I still believe in miracles.
Also, he looks as plump and happy as ever and he looks like he is loving eating. YEah for Owen!!!!
Keisa
I'm keeping little Mr. Owen and the rest of your family in my prayers.
Heart Hugs,
Jen Wright
Post a Comment