Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Eating Machine
Just six short months ago, Owen wouldn't put anything that resembled food, in or around his mouth. What a LONG way he's come with his eating and I couldn't be more thrilled!! It's taken patience, HOURS in the high chair, persistance, and countless rejections. Through it all, we've tried to make eating FUN and POSITIVE. I am proud to say that Owen is becoming an eating machine! He eats almost anything we offer him, he'll use any utensil we place in his path, and he loves to sip on his water, juice and milk.
I can't get too excited because he is still no where near eating enough calories or volume to rid of the tube! In fact, he still gets 100% of his formula through his NG and gobbles down solids the rest of the day. Here's the other kicker... he's losing weight?! It's a mystery (I'm sure heart related), but we will be going to GI next week to see what we can possibly do to plump him up. Personally, we think he's plump and perfect the way he is... BUT, these cardiologists don't like to see weight LOSS.
So it looks like the NG tube will be sticking around for a while longer. If the next six months bring as much progress as these last ones... well... let's just pray for that!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is awesome that he is eating soo well.. I'm sure it has nothing to do with his mother:) Thanks for the c-mas card.. Can we say adorable!!!! Some day maybe I will send a card out...
Post a Comment