I went to see Dr F today about my foot. His first thoughts are stress fracture. I'm on my way to get an xray this afternoon. Apparently you can fracture your foot and not know about it. Crazy. He then proceeded to tell me that I would have to wear a boot for a few weeks if it is indeed fractured. Sorry. No boot. Not on my right foot. I can't drive with a boot.
So let's hope that it's something else.
We should have the results of the xray tomorrow. Meanwhile, I am going to take an anti-inflammatory med and "stay off your foot, elevate it, and ice it at the end of the day". There is certainly no way I can stay off my foot, but I will find time to elevate it and ice it tonight. It's the perfect excuse to cook a quick dinner and sit in front of the tv all night long.
If only it were that easy!!
I'll update when I know more about my diagnosis. Dr F got a kick out of all my recommendations for what it might be. I told him about all the comments on the blog and emails about what it COULD BE, and he just chuckled.
I guess I'll have to push my new workout schedule off another week too. Darn it. I'm just devestated. (insert sarcasm here)
8 comments:
I agree...no boot. What about the zoo?? I know! I have a double stroller that Owen can ride in with Bree, then you can ride in the motorized little wheelchair scooters you can rent at the zoo. We will figure it out!
yikes...yeah, you don't want a boot. Crossing my fingers & hoping for no stress fracture!
I hope you don't have to have a boot, but I was able to drive when I had to wear one a couple weeks ago. Though it might have been from desperation since I had already been in a cast and unable to drive for 6 weeks. Good luck!
I can just see your doctors' face when you tell him what everyone diagnosed you with!
gosh..I hope you don't need a boot too..
I can't imagine you not even letting a boot slow you down though.
Enjoy tv tonight on the couch...this is MY favorite night!
Hopefully no boot. My husband was wearing one of those when we met. Somehow he broke his big toe falling into a pool - with shoes on. Crazy guy!! Here's hoping it is something else.
OH NO!!! Us that love being barefoot cannot and I repeat CANNOT wear one of those boots!!!
I hope everything is okay though!!! Keep us posted!!!
I had a stress fracture in college and I didn't wear a boot so you don't need one. Sorry about the pain. I know how it hurts and it's annoying more than anything. I have to tell you that I have a few pair of Nike Vomeros and that is all that Marcus and I run in. I don't know where you got them but check out roadrunnersports.com they have ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you might need for running/exercising and I've found that the prices are better than anywhere else.
Good luck getting your foot better!
Keisa
we need to invent a cute/slimmed down boot..i am dyin to find out what is up with your foot! have u found out anything yet?
Post a Comment