We started off our week with a visit to Dr Stock. Owen usually doesn't mind going to cardiology and enjoys the attention, but today he flipped out! As soon as the nurse came in to take him back to the room, he started crying hysterically. He finally calmed down when it was time to get a blood pressure and oxygen sats, but he was not happy. I'm sure the last six month of monthly shots, immunization plus Synagisis, has just conditioned him to be frightened of ouchies. He never used to cry before, not like that. I am so glad we are DONE with shots!!!
Dr Stock came in and said he looks fantastic!! I don't think he has ever looked this good. I keep bragging about how well he is doing and his energy levels are amazing, but I can't help it. We are anxious to hear what the docs at Stanford have to say in May. In the meantime, we'll keep his weight up and come back to see Dr Stock next month. We didn't change his meds because he was the same weight, 27lbs, as he was last month.
We got home just in time for a 30 min power nap and then PT got here. Guess who crawled up six stairs by himself?? A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! He still needs to figure out that he can't go down forward facing or he's going to tumble down and face plant on the floor.
After another 30 min power nap, we're off to pick up Kamryn from school, play at the park and then Dance is tonight. Owen loves to stand up in his stroller and watch Kamryn dance through the window of the studio. She's doing hip hop right now and loves it! Her teacher, Nick, is choreographing a really fun recital dance where the girls dance on desks in business suits (hip hop style) and it looks like something out of a music video. Way cool! Kamryn is in love with dance again!! I say again because she danced on a team a couple of years ago, at least 5 hours a week with performances almost every weekend, and it burned her out. She told me for the longest time that she didn't want to dance anymore, and I didn't force it on her. She just started again this year and is really enjoying it. I danced since I was three and still love to get my groove on. It's fun to see that desire in her!
That wraps up our Monday... only four more school days until Spring Break!!!

8 comments:
YAY!!!! for good doctor visits! Mr Owen sure is being Mr. Ambitious with his stair climbing! Keep it up buddy!
Good job Kamryn....we'd love to see ya dance someday! :)
love all the new found energy!!! :):):)
He sounds like he's doing awesome...way to go Andrea! Josh started flipping out just like Owen did when he was the same age...I think it was all of the RSV shots that made him so scared. Can't blame them. His fears passed pretty quickly, he's now the same happy kid at the dr.'s office he once was.
Anyway...can't wait to see some hip hop pics!!!!
Glad to hear the stats are so well. Owen continues to be in my thoughts and prayers. Dance is fun. With all of the dancing shows on TV lately, who can help but love it now!!!
So glad you got a great report! I will be praying for you and your family. My husband and I are actually in the adoption process!
Just found your blog and love it! I’m a new follower! Have a great Tuesday!
Amy[www.theprikazskys.com]
Hi Andrea!
Thanks for your message on Charlie's blog. You made me smile, because Charlie doesn't drink tea (neither do I - bleagh! I'm strictly a coffee girl!)
It's just that over here, we often use the word 'tea' to mean the same thing as 'dinner'! (And just to REALLY confuse you, we sometimes use 'dinner' to mean 'lunch'!)
So glad to hear Owen's cardiology appointment went well - he's such a little superstar - keep up the good work Owen... you'll be at the top of the stairs before you know it!
Take care xxx
It's so great to hear all of Owen's good news. We'll pray that it keeps coming.
He's such a trooper. What a blessing girl- I am so happy to hear he's doing so well. Isn't it just amazing!!!
Post a Comment