Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pain in my Foot

Oh my goodness... my right foot is throbbing! For the past week, I have been complaining about a pain in my right foot. It doesn't hurt when I wiggle my foot around, but as soon as I put any pressure on it...YOWZA! Since I'm pretty sure my family is sick of hearing me complain about my foot hurting, I figured I should probably do something about it.

I am always barefoot! I usually don't wear shoes unless I have to. By shoes, I mean flip flops. These ones to be exact....

These are probably the most comfortable thongs I have ever worn! LOVE THEM! They aren't cute, they aren't feminine,they have zero support, but I don't care. They are easy to wear and about as close to barefoot as I can get.

Since staying off my feet is out of the question, and since I am about to embark on a new workout journey (more info to come), I decided I wanted a new pair of tennis shoes. Carson has the male version of these and says they are the most comfortable shoes he's worn. I looked up the women's version, Nike Vomero 4, and they are ON SALE in pink!! Double sweet. I'm on my way to the mall to pick them up now! Walking through the mall to pick up my new shoes is going to be painful, but they're on sale, so I will go.

Except for that I just found these shoes online and found a $10 off coupon code to apply. No walking and a sweet deal.

Now, back to my original issue. I just tried to self diagnose myelf online... does anyone else do that??

I came to the conclusion that I have..

Gout (which it says is from built up acid from changing your diet and not getting enough carbs)

or

I have a stress fracture (but I think I would know if I hurt it)

Since I'm not a doctor, I just made an appointment with Dr F. to go get my foot checked out tomorrow. Has anyone had a random pain in their foot.. not the arch... but the outside of the foot?

I'm anxious to see if my self diagnosis was correct.


16 comments:

Scott McMillan said...

no fun, good luck figuring that out. So glad to hear that owens appt went so well.

The Shelley Family said...

i vote stress fracture =)
my mom BARELY twisted her foot on a little pebble and suprisingly broke her foot!
it will be interesting to see what u find out =)
imho...moms should never get hurt/sick...we have enough to deal with!

Alicia said...

It could be plantar fascitis. I do medical transcription and my doctor is always talking about this diagnosis and suggests people wear shoes. It is from walking around barefoot all of the time. Plantar fasciitis is irritation and swelling of the thick tissue on the bottom of the foot. Here is a good link I just found.
https://health.google.com/health/ref/Plantar+fasciitis
Hope your foot feels better.

Sue Anne said...

Especially if it's on the outside of your foot, it might also be a bone spur.

kristyo15 said...

I don't think I've ever commented, but I'm a confessed 'stalker'. :)

Anyhow, I have plantar fascitis, and it is tenderness on the bottoms of your feet mainly. It tends to be worse in the morning. When I was playing volleyball collegiately, I would get cortisone shots in my heels! Fun! My Dr.'s told me that I'm not supposed to wear flip flops {I choose foot pain over that}...the best shoes are the ones with the best arch support. Do you have a high arch? Okay, now that I've written a novel... :) Hope you get your feet feeling better!

P.S. One thing that always brought relief...freeze an empty beer bottle, or anything that shape and put it on the floor and roll it back and forth with your feet.

Wright Family said...

My dad gets gout, it is aweful and I hope that is not what you have! Let us know what the foot doc says.

ann said...

another out of the stalker realm - stress fracture for me on the side of the foot - and i have had all those other diagnoses as well - the plantar fasciitis, the gout. Bye bye flip flops

Jessica said...

Sorry to hear about your foot. But i am on my feet all day at work and I have those same exact tennis shoes. They are so comfortable. I am in need of a new pair but i want the same ones because i love them so much

TrishAnderson said...

I am so sorry to hear about that pain. Maybe it is just a small calcium deposit and a cortisone shot will cure it. If that is the case, ask them to give you a local anesthetic first (you will thank me later)! Hopefully the remedy - no matter what the diagnosis it - will be quick and painless. Maybe just the change in shoes will cure everything!!!

Kathy said...

The gout? you're hilarious!
I self-diagnose myself all the time on webmd.
I hope it's nothing that can't be fixed...and glad to hear that you're getting it checked out.
I know you don't watch alot of television...but, do you watch House?? Funny episode this week about a blogger...

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with plantar fasciitis. gout is unlikely because usually that is in a joint (the very common one is the big toe although it really can affect any joint) and generally it doesn't just hurt with walking, but all the time. Whatever it is I hope you are feeling much much better soon.

Jenn said...

I am as well a blog stalker who enjoys your blog so much! I have never commented until now. I too have the same foot pain you are talking about. It is on the outside side of my foot. It is so sore. I have been wrangling with going to the dr, as everything I have tried does nothing to help it. After I walk on it for awhile it isn't quite as sore, but the initial few steps after not being on it are a killer!! I am so interested to see what your dr tells you! I will confess I am a black flip flop lover also!!

Anonymous said...

I vote plantar facitis also. If it is gout, know that acidic foods will also trigger an outbreak. My friend ate ALOT of oranges, and had a gout attack. Love your blog and I love hearing about how Owen is doing on his heart journey.

Courtney said...

I'm going with stress fracture...I myself am suffering from a stress fracture to my ankle and it hurts SO bad. I don't remember doing anything to it but like you said it HURTS. I work for 2 orthopedic surgeons and they say stress fractures can sometimes hurt worse then a normal fracture (not all the time but in some cases) Hope you get fixed up soon :)

Crystal said...

LOVE them BOTH!!! =) We are so much alike. I would go everywhere barefoot if I could and you will see me 90% of the time wearing flip flops in winter. love love love!!!

ps. there is nothing like a comfy tennis shoe as well. Can't wait to hear your new workout journey. =)

Jill Dees said...

I vote stress fracture. I have plantar facitis and it is not on the outside of the foot. My mom had a stress fracture in her leg and she only walks from the bathroom to her chair and to bed. you don't have to have a injury to have a stress fracture. Good luck with whatever it is, hopefully it is something easier than a stress fracture.