Friday, March 19, 2010

Museum of Natural History, Glasses and Bumps

I picked up a culture pass at the local library for free admission to the Arizona Museum of Natural History. I had no idea how much fun we would have! The girls had a great time checking out all the exhibits, but Owen was only interested in the stuff he could get his little hands on.
My mom and Gigi came along for the fun. We were trying to get Owen interested in the dinosaurs, but the fossils just weren't doing it for him. The puzzle was a bit more on his level of understanding. Here he is ROARING like the T-Rex.
After we escaped the flash floods and dinosaur land, we headed over to the meteorites and learned about space.
Then we made out way through the Lost Dutchman mines and outside to pan for gold. Owen was thrilled with the idea of splashing in the water and playing in the wet sand.
Kamryn and Gigi spent there time really searching for the tiny pieces of gold. They loved it!
The fun came to an end as soon as Owen got a hold of his own pan. He filled it up and dumped it all over the stroller. Good times.
We went through the movies in Arizona exhibit and the girls played on the green screen. I love this picture.... it shows Kamryn antagonizing Gigi and that is a CLASSIC Gigi look.
The museum has a special exhibit called Colors in Motion and they had this really cool black light room. The kids (especially Owen), wrote on these glow in the dark walls for a while.
We saw the entire museum in just over 2 hours and just in time for lunch. We went out to lunch at NYPD Pizza and ate on the patio. The weather could have not been more perfect this entire week. Later this afternoon, we headed over to pick up Kamryn's new glasses. She looks so grown up. The eye doctor saw her just six months ago and hardly recognized her. She is way taller than our optometrist and she doesn't stop growing!
I had to include a face shot of Owen because I don't think I have one at all today. He was so interested in what he was doing, he wasn't about to look at me, or the camera! His face has been flaring up with Eczema lately. I don't know if it's an allergy to food or his medicine, but the boy is BUMPY! If anyone has any ideas on what causes the eczema on his forehead to flare up.. or the red cheeks that feel as hot as fire, or why he gets chicken skin bumps all over his arms... Please do share!! I am at a loss. Regardless... he is one handsome little man!
I can't believe how fast Kamryn's spring break flew by. We have tons of fun planned this weekend.. movies, bowling and swimming! We're staying busy so that we don't miss Daddy. I am so glad he doesn't have a job that requires travel.. I don't know we'd do!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, I'm glad you all had a great time!

Steve, ToVah, Avery, and Z said...

My little boy had excema for a long time. We finally figured out that it was food allergies. He is allergic to peanuts and eggs. Just an idea.

Autumn said...

Beautiful family...

My son also had excema related to food. His was milk products. He has outgrown it though.

Crystal in IL said...

As the mother to six kids with 5 of them sensitive skinned I do know a thing or two about mystery rashes :) Food allergies aside, this could be viral. A lot of kiddos react with a facial skin rash to a virus. I don't know if you can give Owen an antihistamine but if it helps then I'd say allergy. If not then viral.

Heather Crawley said...

Our son struggles with ezcema and we took him to National Jewish Medical Center in Denver. They taught us the soak and seal method to help ezcema and it is a miracle. After a bath, put on lotion, cover the area with a wet piece of clothing, and then a dry. Leave it on for two hours or sleep in it. It relieves the itching and allows the skin to heal. For his face, they wrapped it in gauze when he was in the hospital, but at home, we used sweat bands, like runners use. We would wet one, put it around his forehead (and ears) and let him wear that for a while (he couldn't sleep in it), but every little bit helped.