Friday, March 26, 2010

Design Challenged

My name is Andrea. I am design challenged. My walls are bare, my furniture plain, my windows naked, and there are no nick nacks. Anywhere. I like it simple. I like it clean. I also like privacy at times and there needed to be something covering this sliding door that leads to the backyard. Yes, that fence and wall is the end of our 10x10 back yard. Don't be jealous. We like to live maitenance free. :)

I decided that since I hate vertical blinds, I would put up curtains. I climbed up on the dining room chair (no ladders here), and Owen handed me the screwdriver as needed. When it was done, it didn't look right.....

I measured. I even got a pencil and marked where the screws were to go. I think I'm going to leave it like this and just see if anyone notices when they come over.

The curtains are super wrinkly as well, but the tag said "do not iron" because they're raw silk. So I just hung them up with the creases in them.

This is why I don't decorate. It's just NOT my thing. I organize, that's what I do well!!

7 comments:

TIFFANY said...

Looks okay to me. :) I am design challenged as well. I have a few pictures of my family on my walls, but not much else.

The Clinkscales Family said...

I think they look perfect. And great job considering you did it yourself. I leave those jobs for the hubby. I understand being design challenged. Poor Cain still only has two shelves on his wall and nothing else. Actually the majority of our house is like that. I've never been good at knowing what needs to go where. At least you are organized. I don't have that going for me either. :)

Jenny said...

I had to laugh when I read this because I am EXACTLY the same way! 5 years after moving into our house every wall is still white. Oh well.. I'm sure we're both good at other things right?

Jill Dees said...

Don't worry about the wrinkles, they will hang out over time. I would pick clean over decorated any day!

Tasha said...

The only thing that I can see why you would feel it is off is because the middle support piece is not lined up with the middle piece of your sliding glass door. I'm not much better with decorating though, so my advice may be off!

TrishAnderson said...

They don't look bad. They will de-wrinkle over time. Great time for tackling the project head on!!!

Wright Family said...

Ok, I am telling you that they will not de-wrinkle on their own...it's just NOT true. Your iron should have a silk setting, try that. I do agree, however, that the bar doesn't look crooked...so you did good! Hey, we can't all be GREAT at everything!!