Today was a good day. Owen is still struggling with nausea and can't tolerate any food. He wanted chicken earlier today but almost puked when he smelled it. Tonight he puked up all his evening meds so I am waiting on pharmacy so I can redoes them. He did great for all his Lovenox injections and Toby inhaled treatments. His PIV in his left arm was leaking (not infiltrating) and so we pulled it this morning. Thankfully he has plenty of access for his meds.
Owen got a two hour nap in and then Auntie Janesa came down to visit. She got to hang while Owen had his weekly dressing changes which makes him WIG OUT and so we gave him a small dose of Ativan to help with the anxiety. Now he is passed out.
There was a family a few doors down that said goodbye to their little girl today. Then another story, I'll share later that will send chills down your spine. Please just pray for these amazing families that are saying goodbye to their little angels. The Pediatric ICU can be an excruciating place to live. Lots of love...
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Andrea,
I have you abd Owen, the rest of your family and all of the staff on my groups prayer list. I don't think we can ever have too many people praying for us. Owen is an inspiration, a superhero to me. When I got sick suddenly 3.5 years ago I used his story to keep me fighting. I fought through denial of transplant ant the implantation of an experimental device that has taken over control of my heart and, at this point, saved my life. Thank you for sharing Owen's story with us. Without it I might not still be alive and fighting today.
I am the one who sent Owen the shots of the Super Heroes last month. If he likes them you can feel free to have them enlarged for his room. If you want bigger shots I can either email you the high resolution fies of enlarge them and send them to you myself.
Anyway if that is something I can do for you and Owen please let me know.
Post a Comment