Today was a pretty great day. Owen woke up super sweaty and grumpy. I thought it was going to be a horrible morning. Things quickly turned around. He watched a movie, played on his iPad and took an afternoon nap. Physical and Occupational therapy came by, as well as Child Life. He did his Tobramyacin breathing treatments and sucked it up when I gave him Lovenox injections. His little thighs are just covered in bruises..he is such a trooper. He hasn't eaten a single thing all day again... but right now he is eating a few pretzels so I am very happy! We didn't touch his meds today and we are just staying steady until we get a heart. Owen will finish up his antibiotic course tomorrow for the Pseudomonas and hopefully we nipped it in the bud. I'm crossing my fingers he is active on the transplant list after their transplant meeting tomorrow morning.
Lovenox injections leave nasty bruises... this is just one leg... the other one is worse.I got a call from Juan at the RMH and they finally had a room available. I ran over while Owen napped and did my orientation. The entire house is beautiful! The storage space is sparce, but I will make it work. I'm so grateful they have such a wonderful housing option within a mile of the hospital. Owen wants lots of pictures so I promised him I'll get those tomorrow morning and show him the play/tech rooms. He is thrilled to stay there for 3 months post Transplant.
Tomorrow is a new day. :)
1 comment:
Hi I am 12 years post transplant and survived colon cancer. I am not sure how Owens story popped up on my face book, but I have been reading your blog everyday and praying for your special little boy. Is there an address that I can send him something that may put a smile on his face even if it is for a short time.
Debbie Smith
New York
Post a Comment