Friday, March 7, 2014

Passing the Time in the Hospital

Our Friday started with a very loose tooth that fell out with only a little pluck.  Owen is very excited that the tooth fairy will be coming to the hospital tonight! 

We were admitted to the CVICU at Phoenix Children's at around 3pm today to start his IVIG infusion.  We had a 60 day break and it was blissful, but we are back to it.  This would be his 20th infusion?  I lost count.  Owen is excited to be here and has been having a pretty great time.  We arrived at 3pm and then got settled into our room.  He ate some soup from the cafeteria and got his echo out of the way.
We finally got his IV placed around 6pm and he was not having it.  He has become "used" to labs and pokes, but for some reason this IV placement hurt and he was a hot mess.  Poor guy.  We got the necessary labs for bloodwork and we have a good working IV.  At least I hope.  We haven't actually started the infusion yet and it's 8pm.  We haven't even seen his night nurse yet.. I'm thinking she is probably avoiding me because the pharmacy still hasn't brought up his IVIG.

While we wait, we ordered dinner from the menu and have already watched Brave, Ironman 3, played a game, painted a craft and now we are snuggling to Spongebob. 
In just two hours I will be making my bed...er chair.. and will be reclining for a good night's sleep.  How are you spending your Friday night? :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going to spend my evening praying for ya'll.