This weekend was the JUMP dance convention and competition in downtown Phoenix. The girls danced a ton and had such a great time. On Fri night, Gigi competed all her numbers and they scored really well in all their dances.
Saturday morning at 8am the girls got their audition numbers and were ready for a long day of dance conventions. Kam had Ballet, Contemporary Ballet, Musical Theatre, Jazz Funk, and auditions for scholorships. After six hours of dancing, we had to hurry and get ready for competition that evening. I love having a 14yr old that can do her own makeup!
Owen had a date day with Daddy, while I got to hang out with this little monster. She was a hot mess after dancing all day, so we grabbed a snack and waited for Kam's evening of competitions to begin.
I love hanging out with my pretty girl and waiting for her call time. She is seriously so funny! Yes, she is eating sour patch kids for a snack before going on stage. :) She and all the other teens danced beautifully and got great scores from the judges. We met C and Owen for dinner on our way home... then in bed by 9pm. It was a long day!
The alarm clock went off early Sunday morning, but we were back downtown by 8am. Owen really wanted to check out this convention stuff since he missed his "favorite mommy" the day before. He ran all around the convention center.. see the glass bridge behind him in the picture, he ran back and forth on that forever. I kept trying to convince him to go home, but he wanted to explore downtown. We walked around, admired the nudist statues at the Herberger, and grabbed a "hot mocha loca" at Starbucks. It was a fun morning with my favorite little guy.
We are now at home relaxing and getting packed up for our trip to Stanford tomorrow. Owen has a biopsy on Tuesday at LPCH. I am hoping for good news because he has been doing so great, but preparing for anything. Look at how fabulous he looks.. grown up, strong, healthy.. I am so grateful.
It's been such a great weekend. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment