Thursday, December 6, 2012

Stay Healthy

I am finally feeling 100%.  Too bad the germs spread like wild fire and now two more of us are down!  Kam and Daddy are feeling the effects of the sinus congestion and after a call from Kam's school nurse, I picked her up after third hour.  I loaded up Kam with some Elderberry syrup and she is off to sleep.  Daddy is sticking it out at work as long as he can. 

Owen is feeling better after having two days of congestion.  I honestly think the IVIG is helping increase his immune system.  We are going to stay quarantined in our house from now until next week when we head to Stanford for Owen's cardiac catherization. 

We are scheduled to have family pictures tomorrow, and after rescheduling once, I'd hate to reschedule again.  We may just have to rock the red noses and watery eyes.. when I say "we", I mean Kam and Daddy. 

Just as I am writing this, I feel a tickle in my throat.. 

If you are sick, have been sick, are thinking you may be getting sick or just like to spread germs.. stay away!!  Also.. have you heard how terrible the flu season is already?  Yikes.  We are all armed with our flu shots.  I will admit that I have never been a fan of the flu shot before, I feel like it is hit and miss on if it actually does help.  Now that Owen is waiting for a heart and we are spending so much time at the hospital during cold/flu season, we have no choice, I have to arm myself the best I can just ot protect others.

Enough about germs.  I'm off to clean my house, wash the sheets and disinfect anything I can.  Stay Healthy!!

1 comment:

Kerrigan said...

So glad you are on the mend and Owen too.Sorry about the rest of the family.This season is truly horrible already.Broc had the flu last week even with having the shot.He had Influenza B.I guess its considered the milder one.We didn't think so with a temp of close to 104F.
I think qurantining is a great idea.Praying all goes well with his cath soon.