We all survived the first week back to school. Kamryn loves being a sixth grader and is going to have a really fun year! She also decided she wanted to start dance team again so she jumped into four hours of dance a week! She picked up where she left off and is doing so great. She is going to also continue playing violin once a week and in the school orchestra. She's going to have a busy, but super fun year.
Owen started back to Gymnastics on Friday morning and he loves it so much! He jumped on the tramp, played basketball, built a house with the shaped mats, did "flips", and is becoming a pro at the balance beam. I have noticed he is turning blue more often since his cath, but he's tolerating it well, even on 2 1/2 liters of oxygen.
Saturday morning we joined HopeKids at the movies to see "Smurfs". Owen loved it and giggled the entire movie! I know it didn't top Kamryn's list of favorite movies, but we had fun. Thanks HopeKids! We headed home to pick up Carson and went out to lunch. After a much needed afternoon nap, we headed over to Mesquite Aquatic Center for Dr Mortenson's (Ortho) annual pool party. We went last year and had so much fun, we couldn't miss it this year.
Owen was so excited to go on the "Lazy Wibber" so Carson jumped right in with him. He loves the buckets that dump water on his head and he loves to float. I took a lot of pictures before realizing there was no camera cartridge in the camera.. awesome. We finally found one in the camera bag and Larissa took pics for me.
Connor, Rylee, and Tatum all see the same ortho so it was fun to hang out with them at the party.
Owen was splashing and walking around in the zero depth area. There is a huge area with a bucket that dumps water and wheels you can turn to have water pour out of the play structure. Owen was loving it! I have never seen him so purple though. I had to take him out a few times to dry him off and try to get him back to a shade of light blue.
The pizza, snocones, cotton candy and soda didn't give my kids enough energy to stay awake last night. They both came home, took a bath and were in bed by 8:30. It's crazy how much energy playing in the water takes out of you.
We slept in late this morning and it felt amazing! When we finally made it downstairs, Owen wanted to put on his Spiderman "globs" and mask. He brought me my camera and said "I'm the fuper ninja man!" I took a picture which he had me delete and take another until he approved. Ha. I think I'm going to have to hit up Costco for some more dress up costumes this month. He is starting to have so much fun playing dress up and pretend. Everything has a weapon and is set out to kick butt. I love this stage!
We have a fun, relaxing Sunday planned. I need to get ready for our another wild week around here. Therapy, dance, school, play... I wouldn't have it any other way!! Hey.. that rhymes.





1 comment:
Thank you for joining my blog linking event!
Post a Comment