I thought Owen and I would be so bored at home without Kam this year, but we haven't had time to be bored! We are trying to find a schedule where we can do gymnastics twice a week since Owen loves it so much! Owen is also doing Speech and Feeding therapy at home once a week each. Although, I think he's having a little bit of therapy burnout because this morning he woke up and said "Call Connie.. tell her I'm too sick today.. she can't come." Ha. We may be taking a break around mid October for fall break to give him a little time away from it all. Until then.. I have been in contact with the school district and we have a meeting on September 2nd to discuss getting preschool services at home. I am just hoping for once weekly curriculum so I can keep him up on what he would be learning if he could go to school.
His therapy only lasts an hour in the morning and we have the rest of the day to play and rest up until it's time to pick up Sis. We play board games, read books, do puzzles, play trucks, play doh and he loves to make me concoctions in his kitchen. Sometimes he just gets my camera and says "take pictures of me mama!"
Owen has been obsessed with Spiderman!! Here is his newest web throwing hand...
He loves all things ninja, fighting, competitive, football, basketball, baseball, everything is a weapon, video games... you name it! He has such a big boy exterior, but he can be so sweet and snuggly. He always says "mom, I love you!" at the most random of times. He also says "I want you!". I can be snuggling him in bed and he'll say "I want you" and just snuggle closer. My heart melts!!
Stubborn is his middle name. He likes to be the "bad guy" and it's hard as can be to get an apology out of him. The other day, Livvy was in the back seat of the car saying 'I want my mama' and he quickly said "Your mama ain't never coming back!" Not nice Owen. Not nice. He has the most wicked cute grin, but he knows he's being a stinker. I know it's just Owen being three. He has such a sweet heart and loves everyone so much.
Owen likes to have a "plan" to his day. We wake up and he says.. "what the plan today mama?" Then proceeds to tell me his plan.. "I know.. we go take Bobo to school, then gymbtastics and then home to nap.. is that a good plan mama? .. is it? .. how about that plan?" If I alter his plan, he usually says "I like my plan better!"
Today was early release at school, so the kids got picked up at 12:30. I love to take Kam out to lunch on early release days as a special treat, as well as every other mom in town. The line at In-N-Out burger was insane! We got our food and headed home to play. When I was done picking up the chaos of lunch, I headed upstairs to find the kids jamming out to Kam's iPod music. Kam won't let me post the videos.. they're too "embarrassing".. but she didn't say anything about pictures!
Owen was so excited to have Gigi come play after school. He loves all his cousins so much! We are so lucky to live so close to all of the kids' cousins. Now it's nap time. I'm hoping that tonight we can finally give up the "binks" to the binki fairy. Owen is in love with cash and coins so I hope that the promise of a large amount of $1 bills and quarters will convince him to give up his beloved binks.






1 comment:
Your baby is looking SO BIG! Glad you're having lots of sweet one-on-one with your boy!
I have to ask...what is Gigi short for? Dont know anyone else with that name:)
Happy THursday friend!
Post a Comment