Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy 7 Month Birthday Big Guy!

Owen is 7 months old today! To celebrate... we spent five hours at Phoenix Children's Hospital before having sushi with daddy and coming home for some serious napping! We started with Owen's brain ultrasound and the tech fell in love with him and his beautiful PERFECT brain! No fluid or issues with that big head of his... just a big noggin. We then had our barium swallow study.. not exactly a great experience. We started with a happy, flirty baby boy and ended with an overly grumpy, tired and hungry one.... all of this within 10 min flat. We started with a bottle... NOPE. Then tried a spoon... NOPE. Then moved to a cup... NOPE. How about a syringe?? Ok... so he doens't really have a choice when I sneak a syringe with Chocolate flavored barium into his mouth... he was okay at first and swallowed..WAY TO GO! Then the radiologist wanted to see more and more and MORE! Owen was so beyond done at this point that he screamed and aspirated a TINY amount of barium. So now, they suggest that we thicken his water or juice with nectar. Not sure if he really needs the nectar unless he's drinking while screaming! That is why I put off the swallow study for as long as I have and I don't forsee us going for anyother one in the near future.



Now my little man is sleeping peacefully in his crib and I'm going to read the 2nd book in the Twilight series...... I'm trying to catch up with the craze!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news...Perfect brain!!!
Josh had the same thing happen with the swallow study:(
Cute pictures by the way! Did he get that front tooth???? I can't tell if I'm seeing tooth, or reflection in that picture.

The Simmons Family said...

Yep... Owen is getting his two front teeth!!

Andrea

Katie said...

Happy 7 Months Owen! You sure are a cutie and getting so big! :)
Love,
Katie & Maddie