It was nice to go out and do things as a family for once....even things as simple as going to lunch, the mall, or the salon have been non existent since January. I am so grateful that we are finally at a point with Owen where we can relax and start enjoying a "normal" life!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Getting back to "Normal" life...
What a fantastic Saturday we had! The girls and I went to see Danny to get new hairdo's. When I say new... I guess I mean a little touch up ... we never do anything drastic. Kamryn would only allow Danny to trim the very ends but she looks cute with those long blonde locks.
Gigi got her hair CHOPPED... 5 inches to be exact...and she looks SO ready to start Kindergarten next week! I didn't get an after shot...bummer.
Mine is the usual... blonde curly do that I've had since 7th grade...yes, that was a LONG time ago! Anyhow... we realized we hadn't been out for sushi (one of my favs) since before I have been pregnant and it's a no-no. So we met Carson and Owen at Blue Wasabi for some delicious sushi!!

Kamryn was brave and had her first california roll, edamame and crusted crab roll. I don't know if she LOVED it, but she definetly was up for trying more... that's our girl!!!


When we were done eating...we went SHOPPING!! We have a fantastic outdoor mall by our house. The only problem is that it was pretty darn close to 120degrees out today and those little misters they have outdoors just don't cut it. Owen was so happy to get home and changed out of his sopping wet clothes.

After we were all jammied up and ready for bed, Kamryn and I shared some baby Oreos. Owen seemed pretty interested...so I figured...what's a little oreo going to hurt? He's not going to eat it anyway!! So I offered...and he was ALL over that cookie!!! Now, if we can only get him Oreo flavored formula....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Heck, if they had Oreo flavored formula, I might whip myself up a glass or two. I LOVE Oreo's. I am so happy that you all had the chance to enjoy some "normal" family things like shopping and eating out. I hope Owen continues to do so well and heres hoping he likes other flavors as well as Oreo.
Keisa
What a nice day you had!!!
I probably shouldn't admit this, but especially when Josh wasn't into eating I'd let him try anything he wanted, no matter how sugary. I figured it was better to get him interested in food than try hopelessly to get him to eat something he wanted no parts of. Now he is s little piggy. You have to start somewhere!
Josh was really into pretzels. I'd buy him the big ones that he could hold onto & feed himself (with supervision of course)! You could give those a try.
Absolutely adorable! I love the times when our Owen is interested in his food. It reminds me to relax and that he WILL eat someday! What a couple of little cuties you have.
Hysterical! Owen, I don't blame you buddy! You are one smart little guy!!!
Let's see...now if the medicine came in Oreo flavor, too! Do they have low fat or low carb oreos? I could seriously go for some of those myself.
Eat up, cutie pie!
Heart hugs~ Rebecca
Good girl for trying sushi!!
It makes me so happy to see that Owen is getting interested in food, even if it is Oreos! I would let him have all he wants, getting him interested in food is the key! Awesome that you had a nice "normal" day. You are doing such a good job, pat yourself on the back for being such a strong and positive Mom.
Post a Comment