Sunday, February 12, 2017

Week 37.. Feeling Blessed

It was another busy week in the hospital... our 37th week to be exact.  Time has flown by but it still feels like a decade.  Owen is doing SO good!  It's hard to imagine his heart is even sick at times.  His labs are all within range and have been for months.  The biggest issue this week was not being able to sleep and waking multiple times a night with nightmares.  We had to tone down the video game playing a bit this week because zombies were eating his arms in his sleep  and robots destroyed the hospital.  With his late nights and waking multiple times in the night to bolus tube feed him.. I am dragging.  Time with this boy is totally worth it!
We have been keeping busy with card games..I never win.
Schoolwork is a daily event.  He is cruising along with his reading and math is finally clicking.  I had to resort to teaching him the "old school" way I learned.  It clicked with him and he is cruising right along now.  We worked on multiplication and I forgot that he never learned the triple digit addition and subtraction.  He has so many gaps in his education but he is so smart that he always picks it up so quickly!
We try to get outside everyday.  It has been raining constantly in Northern Cali but we had a sunny weekend finally.  Owen and Jay played bumper cars for a while and then drove them all through the hospital back to his room.  I love hearing Owen's contagious laughter.  
Auntie Janesa came to visit today and we laughed hard.  It's always a fun time!  
Back home....

It has been busy at home for this girly.  She toured U of A campus with her cousins last weekend and now she can't stop talking about how excited she is for college.  She still wants to tour Stanford and ASU Barrett Honors.. so fun!  I got her registered for SATs next month and she has AP testing coming up.  Of course she made Golden Scholar and has an award ceremony this week.  She also got her class ranking and she is in the 8th percent of her class.  Brag session over.. I'm just super proud of her!  
I miss her so much that we facetime a million times a day.  Sometimes I just watch her do her homework so it's like I'm sitting at the kitchen table with her.  Tonight was Japanese homework.. what the heck?  My English handwriting isn't even this neat.  
Logi is the sweetest little guy.. "hi mama" is my favorite phrase.  Auntie Sussy took him to Grammy K's to play at the park this week.  
This boy LOVES the park!!

Is this not the sweetest?  I can't wait to teach him piano.  I guess we need a piano to do that.
Oh and he discovered Yo Gabba Gabba this week!  Auntie Sussy dres the characters on a box and Logi could totally point them all out and say their names.  Owen used to LOVE Yo Gabba Gabba.. that's all he would watch.  Can you tell I just adore my kids?  They are just the sweetest.
Carson has been a rockstar!  Working hard, supporting us all, taking care of things at home, and never complains.  Well he complains that he misses us and wants us to come home... like yesterday.  It's been a long time away and it will be a big day when we can all be home together.
Writing this blog post I feel an overwhelming love for my family and for all that we have.  We are all so blessed!  Life is crazy and this journey has not been easy.. but we have Owen here and he's doing so well.  I wish we could be outpatient and living life, but the Milrinone is keeping his heart stable and we are at the very top of the transplant list.  Every time I think of any other options.. they don't feel right.  We are right where we are meant to be now and we are just trusting in the bigger plan.  

4 comments:

Monica Kapler said...

Your kids and your husband and you are all awesome. So much joy and perseverance! Still praying for the perfect heart and glad to see Mr. Owen doing well.

Katie Allred said...

You are simply amazing Andrea...love your updates and praying for that sweet, tough boy of yours. Much love to you and many heart hugs <3

Love, Katie & Maddie

Beverly said...

You have a beautiful family! I pray every night for all of you. Love seeing Owen's smile!

Summer said...

Owen is in all of our prayers!! You both are amazing!! Love you 😘