Thursday, December 29, 2016

Holiday Break ... Day 218 and counting

It had been such a fun week!  Carson flew home on Tuesday, which is always a bummer.  We had Christmas aftermath which has included a ton of Lego building and puzzles with Logi.  My babies are here until Saturday so I am just soaking I all in!


Owens labs came back perfect today!  His anti rejection and anticoagulant levels are within range.  His organs are all very happy.  I make him take one walk a day at least and get out of his room.  
Kam and I snuck out for pedicures yesterday.  Owen sent us for lunch and Logan slept through it all.  It was a perfect afternoon.  Owen had a buddy come play Xbox today so we snuck out and grabbed a few groceries.

My kids are totally chill and I am so grateful!  The hospital environment is so normal to them.  Logi runs in, up the elevator and straight to Owens room.  There is a tempting little button right at his eye level as we get on and off the elevator and it's a Code Blue button.  One of these days he will get to the button a few steps ahead of me.  
Each night I cuddle these two to sleep and head back to the hospital to be with Owen.  This has been a crazy year and we have all made huge sacrifices. One day we will all be together, under the same roof, and it will be wonderful!!  

Today is day 218 on the transplant list...163 days spent inpatient.  We can do this!

 


 


 


 

 


 


 

 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Your daughter looks just like her Mamma! I'm glad you had a good Christmas even if it was in the hospital. I cried happy tears reading your post.

Kerrigan said...

Continued prayers for you all. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to be so far apart for so long. But as mothers we do what we can with the circumstances that we have. You are a great inspiration to many.So happy you guys got to spend some time together.