Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Status 1A

The knot in my stomach has not gone away and I find myself nauseated most of the time.  Owen had a good night and his fevers seem to be subsiding.  He woke up feeling much better today.  His labs show no infection and his cultures aren't growing anything.  This is good...but means his heart failure is most likely causing fevers.

We need a heart.  We need one quick.  

We discussed dual listing him in Phoenix, as well as here.  The logistics just aren't working out.  It's common practice in the adult world but isn't done in the peds world very often.  Stanford is going to expand their radius and increase the size heart they are willing to accept.  He is also bumped to status 1A.  With his blood type, that puts him at the top priority. 

The rest is out of our control.  We just pray that an offer comes soon.  Owen is up in bed and watching movies today which doesn't seem like much, but is a huge improvement from last night.

I am still sleeping in the unit and can't find it in me to leave.  Keep the prayers coming.
Back home... Carson is doing a million things getting ready to close on the house and get us moved...working...taking care of the kids.  Kam has been texting me often asking for a status update.  She is just as anxious as the rest of us.  We can do this!  Owen can do this!  God can do this!



 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

We are praying for Owen and your entire family. Dear Lord we ask you in your timing to providing Owen a new heart. May the donor family have peace knowing that a very special heart is going to an amazing little boy who has fought so hard since birth. May this heart give him new life for a long time.
Laurie

Unknown said...

I can not imagine the roller coaster of emotions you must be experiencing. I've been in a bed complaining about a cold (I have CHD and lung disease), then I read your postings. What an incredibly strong family Owen was blessed with! You are in my prayers, take care of you too, Owen needs his strong mama! Blessings to all of you,

KrisAnn said...

Praying every day for Owen to receive the best heart at the best time.

cici said...

Oh that nauseated feeling and sickness in the pit of the stomach. It comes from being a loving, conscientious Mother who puts yourself before your child and feels his pain and suffering. The highest level of stress. I have walked in your shoes and I know exactly what you are feeling. The only answer is trust and Prayer. I want you to know that you are not alone and you and Owen are covered in Prayer, all you need to do is trust. Prayers will be answered. :)

NC Becky said...

Pray without ceasing and that is exactly what we are doing for your family

Duckling1030 said...

I think the last time a left a message was when Owen had his first transplant. You all have been through so much. Love and prayers.

Cindy said...

Praying for Owen. I remember the waiting time as my husband had a transplant 8 years ago. Praying for you all and praying for the perfect heart in God's perfect timing.