We had the best week with Kam, Logi, Ry and Auntie Sussy. Owen loved having company and seems a little bummed that they are gone. Owen is going to miss sending the girls out to look for Pokemon on Pokemon GO. They found some Pikachu around Palo Alto so that made Owen happy! They played lots of Candyland and Kam made oragami for him. I got pedis with Kam and took the girls shopping at Macys. I got lots of snuggles in with Mr Logi and it was perfect.
Mr. Owen has been feeling nauseated first thing in the morning and has puked a couple times off and on. One of the fellows in rounds suggested an ECHO or EKG to see if we can identify what the issue might be and then I got a reality check when one of the transplant cardios said "It wouldn't matter anyway." We know his Coronary Disease is progressive and there isn't much we can do for him. Increasing Milrinone actually requires more demand on the heart so it's not a solution with CAD. We are just holding out slow and steady and praying that a heart comes very soon. Today he looks a little worse than he has in the past. It's horrible watching him be so sick and knowing there is absolutely nothing that you can do but wait. I am trying to have faith that things will all work out.
I did confirm that Owen has no voids on the list so it's just blood type (B+) and size (50-75lbs). He can accept O donors as well but we know others that have waited MUCH longer so it's very discouraging at times. CHIN UP MAMA! I keep pulling myself up and trying to hang in there. Owen is keeping his spirits up as much as he can. It's such a bummer that he is on precautions because he hasn't been outside a hospital room for 7 weeks now. We pray every night for a heart to come and for a family to say yes to organ donation. We pray for Aly's family and give thanks to them for giving us three amazing years.
Today was hard to say goodbye which is probably also contributing to my sour attitude. I miss my babies and my husband and can't wait to all be under one roof again someday.
Life is short.. live it well. I am off to snuggle my sleeping boy. We gave him a dose of Ativan for his dressing change and it made him pretty sick (puking, low sats, high RR) ... no more Ativan ever!


5 comments:
I hope you and your family are reunited again soon. May God bless you and your family. Ameen
This post makes me so sad, with Mr. Owens head over that dreaded pink bucket :( It must be extra hard seeing everyone having fun without him.
Remember it's always darkest before the dawn. His special miracle is on it's way.
Prayers for the special heart inside him and that a new one takes it's place soon. You are all so strong. Sorry Owen is having some rough days. I am also B+ and every time I have donated blood Owen has been on my mind. You are such an amazing guy, Owen. God has this in His hands. The Casting Crowns song "Just Be Held" comes to mind for you guys tonight. Also "Held" by Natalie Grant. No matter what, He's got you.
What if we invite the Nation to rally together in prayer and fast for Owen this Sunday? We can post it on social media and rally the prayer warriors. Strength does come in numbers. I would love to join you all in a day of fasting for Owen as would my family! Let me know what your thoughts are! Love you guys and want the very best for Owen! xoxo
#prayersup🙏🏻❤️ For a heart to come quickly. Goodbyes are so hard and I'm sorry Owen isn't feeling well. Stay strong.
Post a Comment