If you don't follow on FB (Owen's Superhero Heart)... Owen had a routine echo yesterday as a followup to his biopsy (1b rejection) from two weeks ago. The echo showed further dysfunction and increased valve leakage. His Stanford team decided it was best not to have him travel commercially. We were given the first case this morning at Phoenix Children's for Owen to go into the cath lab for biopsy.
They were super awesome and let me bunny suit up and walk Owen back to the cath lab. I gave him his fruit cocktail mask to put him to sleep and he was a rockstar as always. I'm not going to lie.. I'm totally concerned.
Dr Graziano just came out and said Owen was perfect. He was extubated and headed to recovery. We are still unsure if he will stay the night or go home. His pressures were increased a bit from two weeks ago and he gave me pics of his coronaries. I see additional blockages from January but I can't confirm until I talk to Zangwill. Here are some photos...
You can see the narrowing on the first branch of the LAD next to the 2nd sternal wire down.
On the right coronary, you can see the narrowing between the last two sternal wires.
I'm still waiting to talk to cardio and we are in recovery for six hours while Owen lays flat and watches Spy Kids. He is chowing down on pretzels, peanuts, soup and Dr Pepper. The nurses can't believe how easy he is. Nothing will take this Superhero down.
I'll update when we know more...
3 comments:
Something made me check your blog today, Just a feeling Owen might need an extra Prayer. I am here Praying for whatever it is you need. {{{Hugs of Healing}}}
Hugs and continued prayers!!! ❤❤❤
Hugs and continued prayers!!! ❤❤❤
Post a Comment