Sorry I haven't had time to sit and update. Owen has had lots of labs this past week but we got the go ahead to stop the Lovenox injection. I think we were all thrilled, but Owen said "you were just getting good at it too." There is five days worth of bruises on his little legs from the shots and my heart goes out to all you heart mamas that have had to do these shots for extended periods of time. Brutal! We have been soaking up the amazing weather and spending time at the park. Owen loves to roll down the grassy hills and comes home exhausted. He was finally back at Gymnastics this week for PT and kicked butt! He is working hard with his teacher every afternoon at the house and is catching up on things he missed last year. Also, we just got word that Owen was approved to have a therapist come to the house for play therapy which I'm pretty excited about. All good things!
I have been talking to his team at Stanford often and they are just waiting on insurance approval to start the process of the new transplant evaluation. We aren't listing him anytime soon unless something comes up.
Owen is counting down the days until his 8th birthday... so exciting!
We had a little party for Kam and Owen with Carson's family last week. I found these photos on Kam's phone. I don't think she reads the blog so I'm safe in posting them. :)
Kam danced with her High School team at the basketball game on Friday night. I felt awful because I totally missed it by like 15 minutes. She is getting ready to start choreography for their spring concert. The sophomores are meeting with their counselors in the upcoming weeks to prepare their schedules for next year. Why does it fly by so fast? She has a full load of AP classes next year and her senior year is going to be intense with college level science classes. She took the PSAT this year and did really well. Next year she will do some SAT prep classes and I'm sure she will do great on those as well. She has big plans!
I love our afternoons, after school, when we can just chill on the couch with the boys and talk about our day. It is so fun to hear every detail.. she has always just chatted my ear off about her long days at school and I will miss it one day.
This little monkey is 13 months old! At 26lbs and 32 inches, he is just not a little baby anymore. We transitioned form Formula to milk and he is mostly only taking a bottle at bedtime. He only takes one short nap a day and the rest of the time he is just all over the place. He is the most active, cuddly, talkative boy ever. He babbles all day long and loves to dance! It's hard keeping him happy and somewhat quiet while Owen is doing his schoolwork with his teacher. One day he stole my Sonic soda and kept dumping ice on himself. Over and over again... Kam and I were video taping and laughing like crazy. So much for keeping quiet.
Seriously... when did he get so big?? He isn't so sure about the sand and playground equipment at the park, but he just runs around and explores. I promise he has shoes.. super cute Converse high tops sneakers that Daddy picked out. They are just impossible to put on his feet. I need to go buy him some practical shoes that are maybe no so stylish, but instead, easy to slip on.
That is my weekly update. I really should post more frequently because I keep forgetting great things my kids say or do during the week. I was looking back at posts from 2009 today and was so happy to read posts about things Kam did after school in 3rd grade (yes, 3rd grade!) and to see how far Owen has come. This is why I enjoy blogging and will probably not stop for a very, very long time.


2 comments:
Great update with adroable pics.
I love reading your blog. Your children are amazing. Glad to hear you are not going to stop blogging for a long time!
Post a Comment