This week is a pretty big milestone.. I am halfway done with this pregnancy! In 20 weeks, we will be meeting the future baby Simmons. We are at a loss for boy names... ideas welcome!! Here is the creepy bathroom selfie of my 20 week baby bump. I finally felt our little guy move this week for the first time! In the beginning of my pregnancy I craved fruit and protein made me gag. I'm still not a fan of any meat, but crave sushi (nothing raw obviously). I am guilty of eating the occasional eggo waffle and today I tried a pop tart (gag!). I feel great and have TONS of energy... let's hope that continues on for another 20 weeks!!
In other news... both kids finished their first week of school and survived. I love hearing about their days! Kam is getting used to high school and I feel like we have been living in the car going to an from dance/school/school supply shopping. Kam got her a new haircut this week and she is finally embracing her curl!!!
Owen loves first grade and is making lots of friends. He even has his first crush on the first week of school. The little girl in the Green Group.. Owen is in the red group.. but not captain of the red group, that is Ella. Here are my FB posts...
Just picked Up Owen from school... "Mom..that girl I like in the green group...she was playing under the bridge at recess. She is so pretty. I went to play under the bridge at recess too. But I was too embarrassed to talk to her. "
Followup from yesterday. ."Mom...I know the girls name I like...Payton. I made her my friend. We played under the bridge at recess! She was eating beef jerky she found in the rocks. Relationships are serious." #1stgrade
These after school conversations are so sweet and we continue to hear about his school day at the dinner table. I wish I had a tape recorder on all the time! He is very obedient at school per his teachers and he is always ready to raise his hand and share. Like when the teacher asked the students for their favorite sport.. "I raised my hand because I'm obedient. I told the teacher that I am saving up all my energy to win the epic battle against Livvy. Then I told her I like karate and I'm a kung fu master." It's safe to say first grade is a hit!!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Daddy will be home soon, Kam is off to her first High School party with friends, and I'm going to convince the boys to take me out for Sushi!
Friday, August 8, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I love the names Cynan, Wyatt, Ayden, Kohyn, Liam, Jacobi(cobi), Carter. :)
It's been a long time since I've visited your blog, but I wanted to congratulate you on this pregnancy! What a blessing! So glad to see Owen is doing so well post transplant! God is good.
Angie
I haven't been on your blog in a while so this is news to me and I am so excited for you guys! My favorite boy name is Tucker! My second favorite is Cooper. (:
Congratulations on a great first week of school and the baby. My favorite boy names are DaKota, Kyle, Grayson.
Ian, Dylan, Nathan, Brian, Ethan. I was sticking to the last letter as an 'N' since it flows wit Kamryn and Owen.
Our little guy is named Hudson. I liked it because it was not too common, but still in the top 100. It is easy to say and spell. Congrats! I hope the 2nd half of your pregnancy goes well.
Would your maiden name be a good name for your baby boy?
Post a Comment