Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Biopsy Day

Wow.. another biopsy done!  We arrived at LPCH surgery center by 6am and Owen was thrilled to get things moving. We were quickly taken off to preop holding where I wiped Owen down with the surgical wipes and I got scrubbed up. 
I only wear this awesome getup because I love this boy.  Owen's entourage of 7 helped push his bed through the children's hospital, down the hall of the Stanford (adult) hospital and off to the cath lab.  It's always such a parade and I'm the leader in my awesome outfit.  I should just show up in scrubs next time so at least I blend in with the crew.

We mixed up a cocktail of fruit flavors on his anesthesia mask and I put him under.  He was a little more feisty than usual, but drifted off quickly. 
I grabbed a bite to eat in the cafeteria and before I had time to update the blog, Dr Peng came in and said everything look fantastic. As soon as I got to recovery his post op echo was done and he was just waking up.  Just two hours after I dropped him off in the cath lab, we were on our way out of the hospital.  Amazing!
Owen was STARVING and he only wanted McDonalds.  Gross.  I grabbed some 'hot cakes' which were interesting.  Owen devoured his entire kids meal, sans French fries (because what kid doesn't like French fries).
After a short nap at the hotel, Owen woke up hungry again.  His choice was Olive Garden and this boy had quite the appetite.  Two cups of ice water, half bowl of soup, two breadsticks, parm chicken and spaghetti.  We were there almost two hours while he ate and ate and ate some more.  I was stuffed after my salad!
I had so much fun hanging out with this silly guy.. best date ever!
He had me laughing hysterically.   After two hours of eating, we left with a ton of leftovers for later. 
Just before 6pm, Owen decided he wanted to run over to the RMH to see what activities were going on tonight.  They were finishing up dinner so we played around for a bit.
Then as we were leaving, a volunteer stopped us and said "We are handing out toys in the library."  Awesome.  Then this happened...
We built legos for a good hour tonight and now we are finally settled in and ready for bed.  Tomorrow we have an early morning cardiology appointment at the hospital before heading to the airport.  Hoping for a good biopsy result which we'll get tomorrow.   Thanks for all the prayers.

1 comment:

Kerrigan said...

Glad all went well for him and you.