Friday, June 20, 2014

Anniversary and Water Fun

Another summer week has come and gone.  The best news is that this little rockstar graduated from Kindergarten today!!  School was technically over in May, but Owen had some hours to make up with him homebound teacher, Mr. C.  We worked hard each day and finally finished all his Kinder hours!  He is reading fluently, his math skills are fantastic, and his handwriting is improving.  It's written into his IEP that he can use a keyboard for any "writing" assignments, but I still want to make sure he is fluent in writing, so we will continue to work on it.  We are so proud of our "official" 1st grader and thrilled that he gets to go to school in the fall!  
We celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary this week!  This is a picture, of a picture, because there was no digital photography 15 years ago... we are that old!!  It has been such a wild ride the past 15 years. 
We don't make a big deal of Anniversaries and Birthdays around here.  It was a normal day, but C surprised me by coming home from work early and bringing me roses and chocolate.  We plan to celebrate, just the two of us, this weekend!  Love you babe.
This week was filled with relaxing around the house, swimming with cousins, and today we went to a local waterpark.  With temps close to 110 degrees, we weren't the only ones at the pool.  It was CRAZY busy!  Owen ran around screaming, playing and having such a great time!  There were water slides, buckets dumping on us, ropes to swing on, and the kids had a blast.  My Sis and I had quite the crew in tow today.  So fun!  I love that Owen is the only little guy surrounded by so many cute girlies. 

Owen got stung by a bee while splashing around and Kam carried him to me.. "My princess saved my life mom!"  So sweet.
On our way home, we detoured to Bahama Bucks for some yummy shaved ice with ice cream!  Such a fun week and an even better weekend planned.  Celebrating our Anniversary and a big birthday celebration for this Mama... I still can't believe I'm going to be 35!!  Yikes. :)
We love summer!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Àwesome!

Carrie said...

What car seat/booster is Owen using? My oldest will be 7 in September and we are still using a 5 point harness car seat but 1 more inch and she will be too tall. She is the fidget Queen so not ready for a backless booster. I like the profile of that one. It looks wide though, is it?

The Simmons Family said...

Carrie. Owen has the evenflo 65E3 carseat. It has a 5 point harness up to 65lbs which we normally use...but this day the belts were scalding hot so I used it as a booster which is the best one I have found for him. He doesn't do well in a regular high back booster and still requires a lot of support. I don't think they make this carseat anymore..I bought it 2 years ago..but they have 1 similar.

The Simmons Family said...

Carrie. Owen has the evenflo 65E3 carseat. It has a 5 point harness up to 65lbs which we normally use...but this day the belts were scalding hot so I used it as a booster which is the best one I have found for him. He doesn't do well in a regular high back booster and still requires a lot of support. I don't think they make this carseat anymore..I bought it 2 years ago..but they have 1 similar.

Carrie said...

Thank you! We have diono radians that do tube into a high back however at 50 lbs and she is 45 lbs. She is just not ready for the seatbelt and I will take as much support as we can get! She is sweet, brilliant, but very hyper. Staying in one spot is foreign to her.