Today, it was back to everyday life, and I started filling out Owen's Kindergarten registration packet. I'm not even sure he'll be cleared to attend Kindergarten yet, but I want to get him registered and in the right school. We can always work with home based tutoring and making accommodations later. It's easier to get the services he'll need if we have him registered. These are some of the questions. Number 3 is a gem and I may need another page. :)
On our way to the hospital on Wednesday, I let Owen go on a mini shopping spree to blow the rest of his birthday money. He was so excited to finally find Thumpback, Eyebrawl and Hot Head for his Skylanders game. These three are so hard to find and I refused to pay double on Ebay. Now you know how we plan to spend our weekend.
Owen's sats have been pretty darn crummy lately. While he doesn't show any signs of lingering RSV.. his lungs are obviously still recovering. His sats in the hospital didn't budge above 70 the entire 24 hours. This is where they have been resting.. 67% oxygen sats are not good. :( He is pretty blue.. his fingers, toes, lips and every vein in his neck/chest area is clear as day. Just when I want to say "I'm not worried..."
I get a letter like this in the mail... "Owen is too ill to be actively listed at this time..." I knew they switched his status to inactive, but seeing it in writing and worded that way is not settling to a Mama's heart. I agree that Owen is not recovered enough to be put back on the list and may not be for a couple weeks. We are following up with Cardio next week and I requested an echo to make sure this isn't impacting his heart function as well.

Until then.. we will enjoy our upcoming three day weekend. Get lots of rest and heal up!! Happy Friday and I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!




3 comments:
Just got caught up with your blog after reading it from the beginning the last four days.Praying Owen gets better soon and back on that active list.X
I wonder who writes those insensitive letters. A Robot or a very mean old lady? How about... due to a virus he is not eligible at this time.... ugh!
Love the eye brawl and funny little creatures that give Owen so much fun and happiness.
I am keeping him in my thoughts and Prayers for a quick full recovery, high sats and no more worries for Momma
Poor pumpkin! I hope he feels better soon and can get back on the list again.
Post a Comment