Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday FunDay

This is how our Monday morning has been.  We only have two days until Sis is back in school.  I'm excited for her, but Owen and I will be missing her so much.  This morning Lucy and Livvy came to play and Owen wanted nothing to do with them.  He just isn't mister social with kiddos his age.  He prefers the older crowd.  Preschool would have been so good for him and I am a little sad that it isn't an option so we can keep him healthy.  I did find a preschool articulation class with speech therapists that is one day a week for 45 minutes so I am looking into that further. 

I received a wake up call on Sunday from Dr M. at Boston Children's.  He was calling to let me know he had thoroughly reviewed Owen's medical records.  He refrained from giving me his opinion until he speaks with Del Nido regarding surgical options.  I should know their second opinion by the end of the week.  Eek.

I then received a call from Stanford this morning and they met at Transplant conference on Friday and approved him as a status 2 listing.  Now they need to get approval from the insurances, not only for transplant coverage, but transportation.  I spoke with the financial rep at Stanford and she said that 9 out of 10 times, the primary insurance will deny the transport for transplant, so they have to do appeals.  If that fails, then they need the hard denial before they can go to his secondary insurance and the process continues.  Hopefully, they can expedite things and we will have answers in the next week.  Huge prayers that we can find medical transport, because waiting in Phoenix for his heart would be a giant blessing.  Anything we can do to keep our family together and life as "normal" as possible while we wait is ideal.
Kam is still laid up with her ankle.  The swelling has gone down, but it's really bruised and she can't bear weight on it without feeling pain.  We have an appointment to get her in with our friend, and orthopedic, to get it looked at.  Hopefully it just needs more time to heal and she will just have to start Jr High on crutches.  It's a bummer either way.
I promised the kids I would take them to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid at the theatre this afternoon.  We have family driving in from Ohio and this week is about to get real busy! :)  Did I mention my parents and Gigi are moving into our neighborhood this week.  And we hopefully we can get back to dance, even if it's just to watch. 

2 comments:

cici said...

Oh Andrea, there must be many mixed emotions going on with Owen about to be listed. I will certainly put Owen in my Prayers at night, that you can all stay in Phoenix during the wait.
Tell Kam, at least she can get out of first period PE for a little bit until she gets used to her new classes.She will get lots of attention with her crutches. The bruising should subside in a bit and she will be back in action before she knows it, ripping up the dance floor.:)
Positive thoughts and Prayers for the best outcome for your kiddos.

Stefenie said...

Praying for the insurance company to come through for all of you. That stress I am sure adds to an already huge load you must be feeling right now. {{HUG}}

Hope Kam's ankle gets better soon!

Also, hope you had a GREAT time at the movie. It looks hilarious!!