Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Superhero Toys


Owen LOVES Superheros!!
Each time we go to a store, he begs to spend all his money on "just one more toy please?"
He wants the bad guys.
He wants the good guys.
He can't wait to get home and have them fight each other.

On our way home from picking up Kam from school today he asks..
"Mom.. don't you remember that you told me we could buy me a toy after we picked up Bo?"

Me: "I am pretty sure I didn't agree to that."

Owen:  MELTDOWN.. Crocodile Tears.
{It's hard not getting what you want}

We get home and he is over it, and I am preparing dinner.  Owen comes in the kitchen and says..
"I just realized something Mom.. I don't need a toy because I have lots of toys already!"

Me: "You sure do!"

Not 60 seconds later, Owen comes into the kitchen holding an Ironman toy package from the "bad guy" he got just two days ago.

Owen: "Mom.. can we go to the store and buy a new Ironman bad guy?"

So Funny.


Owen has also been totally interested in where the Superheros originated.  He asks a million questions about Wolverine, Spiderman, Thor... all of them!  We stopped in the Disney Store yesterday at the mall and I saw some hard back Superhero books and they are FANTASTIC!!!  We purchased the Spiderman book and it has the most amazing action illustrations and tells the entire story of how Peter Parker got bit by the Radioactive Spider and how he got his Spidey Sense and created his Spiderman image.  He has had it read to him at least 10 times in the last two days.  I found the books on Amazon and I think I am going to surprise him with the entire set.  Ironman, Thor, Hulk, Captain America and Professor X.... I would rather spend money on books than toys!

Owen should have been in the cath lab today at Stanford, but thanks to the virus that tore through our home last week.. it was rescheduled.  I am so happy that we were lounging around in our Pjs reading Superhero books instead. :)

Also.. don't forget to leave a comment on THIS post for a chance to win a $50 VISA GiftCard!!

6 comments:

charity said...

i agree books are better than toys and i would spend money on books before toys.

Susan said...

My little guys loves Batman. I need to find books like that for the DC heros.

Danielle Edges said...

Owen you crack me up! Such a smart and adorable kiddo!

Stefenie said...

Owen sounds a lot like Logan. He is always wanting something from the store be it movies, toys, video games. He always thinks he deserves a special "treat". Sweet boys. Sometimes it is hard to say no when they ask.

Melanie said...

I've worked with children most of my life, and book reading mommies and daddies make me very happy!!! I find that parents are really accepting the importance of reading to their little ones, and finding things to read that interest them.

Waite Family said...

It is so fun to read to children. Our little ones all love the bad guys and the pirates because their oldest sister does. In Primary we are putting the armor of God on paper dolls, Joshua, our little Sunbeam told the primary President that he likes making pirates in Primary. Too cute!!