I asked Owen if he wanted a drink of ice water last night and he said "No.. I'm fine.. I just want your love (cuddles)." He seriously cannot get any sweeter.
With all our downtime, I have been busy talking with Insurance companies and planning our upcoming trip to Stanford. I have also been working on getting some type of reimbursement for Owen's oxygen. It's a long story, but with secondary insurance, we may be able to get them to cover the cost of a portable oxygen concentrator for travel. It's just requiring a lot of leg work on my end. If you've ever had to call insurance companies for anything.. you know what I'm talking about!
Tonight we had a family get together at Gpa Todd and Gma Monica's house to celebrate January birthdays.. Kam and Owen! Owen was so thrilled to get his first birthday gift and said "Thanks for all of these things!" He fell asleep holding one of his movies.
I'm tired and about to pop a Nyquil and call it a weekend.. I am feeling the makings of a cold coming on.
Enjoy this sweet video of Owen tucking his Sis in to bed! He cannot go to bed until he tucks Kam in and I think it is the sweetest thing!!
10 comments:
Hello! I have been following your blog for a while! I just love Owen, such a special little man. Love the bond between him and his sister!
Awwww! Owen is so stinking sweet!! Love the video! Praying you all get better soon and that the sicky germs stay away!!
What a sweetheart. Heart melting over here.
Is Owen 2 yet? He talks just like my 19 month old! They remind me so much of each other!! Too cute and I love big sister's room!
Okay I am consulting my new expert!!! J/K. So you are so right, this no carb no sugar thing is way hard. It is like the diabetes diet. Still I am determined. The sugar part isn't so bad because I have done it a ton of times... But I always replace with carbs... toast, cereal, yummy bread... SIGH-
So here is what I really have a question about... So it's been a couple of weeks since the ER and the testing and all that business... I am hoping my cysts go away, I have been feeling a little pain, nothing I can't push through... But I have the weirdest thing..... Blood blisters on my chubby hips.. I get them on my knees but I have never had them on my hips before. I don't remember hitting my hip hard? So my dang muffin tops have ugly sprinkles on em? Did you ever have this before? Do you think I should worry? The more I read about PCOS the more lucky I feel that I have three little lumpies I can luff!
Mr. Owen You are a dream boy! What a sweet brother!
I will also be reading up on your adventures in Lego land as we have the same passport and intend to use it too!
Island Baby.. Owen will be four on Saturday. He just has severe gross motor delays and speech delays due to his cardiac condition.
Thankfully, no cognitive delays!! :)
Oh sorry I didn't realize that ! I hope he can get therapy to help him catch up. I know swimming classes would help him build up his muscle tone safely. I teach swimming to several handicapped children and they have all made some wonderful progress! Good luck! He's adorable!
Island Baby.. it's all good. He has Gymnastics and Swimming therapy weekly and it's helping.. but he still has a long way to go. His speech has totally taken off, but with his lack of oral eating for four years, it's just baby steps. :)
Andrea and family,
I'm a complete follower of your incredible blog and life. I've been following it for a couple of years now. This video really showed me the darling family you have. Your story is amazing and I wish the very best for Owen and all of you. I don't know how you hold it all together! Love reading your blog posts. This blogging is very addicting. You are an inspiration and such a wonderful mom! Keep it up!
ahh...he's so stinkin' cute!
How long is that o2 hose?
I hope you guys shake the germs and start feeling better.
Thanks for sharing such a cute video!
Post a Comment