All of his doctors are calling Amoxicillian the culprit to Owen's jaundice and we are putting it down as a drug allergy. We plan on only giving Owen the Ursodiol for about two weeks, assuming his bilirubin levels continue to drop. I just got a call from Dr Robin and she said that his labs from today show significant decrease in bilirubin, not perfect, but SO much better!! We'll retest him in one week and then discontinue the new med if his bili levels are normal.
I am so glad to have this behind us. I am also glad I listened to my Momma instinct to stop the antibiotics when I did and take his yellowing skin seriously. I know there was a time that I would have shrugged it off and continued the meds for the prescribed 10 days.
On a fun note.. we have three new BIG GIVES to update!! The first package came on Wednesday after we got home from the hospital. This package came from disname: mommy2princesses!
She sent us all custom Epcot shirts!! Carson thought they were giant Christmas ornaments with Mickey ears.. he obviously has never been to Epcot. Ha. We all got a matching shirt with our name embroidered under it. Owen is blurry and tired.. it was a long day!
Kamryn and my shirts have Minnie bows on the ears. So cute!
Thank you so much.. we LOVE them!!
Our next package arrived today from disname: cjbear!
Inside the package were two wrapped packages for each kid. They loved the cards on the front. Very cute.
She made homemade pajamas for both of the kids. Kamryn's favorite thing to lounge around in are satin pj bottoms! She was so thrilled!! Owen loves Spiderman so much and they are perfect for him. Both of my kids put them on and won't take them off.
Thanks so much cjbear! The jammies are great!! You are awesome!
Our last package of the day came from disname: cantwaittoseemickey!
Inside were homemade cards from their own kids that were so sweet!! Owen and Kamryn both got itunes gift cards and they are already begging to load them up!
Owen had a long day, but he was totally faking it here! Thank you to the B. Family.. the kids are thrilled with the gift cards!! It was very generous of you!!
That wraps it up! We have to get crackin on Kamryn's Halloween costume if we are going to finish it before Monday! Eek. Kamryn has a dance performance at a huge Halloween festival tomorrow. We are hoping to make it to a pumpkin patch tomorrow evening as well. Where has the time gone??
No comments:
Post a Comment