Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Eye Exam and Photo Shoot

This week is proving to be a busy one. Kamryn had a seriously overdue eye exam and she needed it! Her new prescription is a few quarters worse than in September. We went to a new eye doctor and she was amazing! I loved that she took the time to talk to Kamryn about her eyes and discussed contacts with her. She really wants them, so she has contact "training" on Friday!! Meanwhile, we'll be buying new glasses tonight as well. Genetics are just not on her side for vision.

Owen was asked to attend a photo shoot for Make A Wish this morning. There wes a big donation check given to the foundation and the companies wanted a wish family in the photo. Owen got a ton of attention and loved everyone at the Make A Wish office.. they were so great!! There was a giant sorcerer Mickey in the lobby and trains on the ceiling. Kamryn got plenty of attention as well and she held Owen in the photos. Both of my kids are so excited for the big Wish trip to Disneyworld in December. We haven't heard a final "your wish is accepted", nor do we have dates. I was going to ask our wish manager details, but she is on vacation. I am excited to work with Make A Wish more and I would love to become a volunteer wish granter next year!

We had to make a pit stop at cardiology to pick up a script for Owen's portable oxygen concentrator. While we were there, we weighed him and he has gained back the weight he lost from having his tummy bug. Go Owen!! Owen was excited to see everyone, including Dr Stock, and we headed outta there.

I got the script dropped off and we have a POC reserved for our trip to Stanford in July. The hotel is booked. Thank you for the beach ideas! I am thinking Santa Cruz or Half Moon Bay, but I figure we'll go and see what the crazy Northern California weather is up to.

I've been spending hours working on turning our family blog into books. I'm working on 2008, then 2009, then 2010.. you get the idea. I am only a quarter of the way through 2008. Either I blog too much, or I am just trying to make it too much work. Just so you have an idea.. I have over 200 pages in each year. I really want to get these books made for my kids .. because that is why I blog after all. I'm using blurb for 2008, and I think I'll try blog2book for 2009. I'll find out which one is easier and better quality and go forward with that for the rest of the years. Any suggestions??

4 comments:

Heart Mommy said...

Hey girlie-
I love love love blog2books. My husband does them for me in about an hour and the quality is A-mazing. Then we also get the back up on hard drive for the future... If he can do it in an hour and make them as wonderful as they are, you can rock it in less time, I am sure....
We have never tried blurb, but why mess with a good thing.

Sarah said...

I haven't tried blog2book. I use blog2print because I really just want to pull my posts and pictures into a book and don't want to do a lot of extra work. If you do try that one ever, I highly recommend a hardback as it just seems better for long term keeping. I also have to do mine in quarters of the year since I seem to have so many pages as well. I don't let them compress my pictures because I want them to stay in the same order they were in with the print.

I have enjoyed following your journey with Owen and hearing about Kamryn. Hope you guys have a great appointment at Stanford.

Victoria Nelson said...

hello my friend!
like everyone said, santa cruz or half moon bay are the beaches to visit around here. they both have very different vibes...santa cruz has the boardwalk with all the rides and games, and half moon bay is very relaxing and mellow. i think it depends what you and the kids are up for that day...
also, would love to hear your experience with turning the blog into books because i so want to do the same.
not sure if i will be at packard too having the baby when you come, but either way, would love to see you, even if it is super quick =)
hugs to all of you...
xo,
victoria

Anonymous said...

My daughter got contacts going into 6th grade (I actually insisted she try), and she has never looked back. The technician who worked with her wanted her to put them in her eyes after after just explaining what to do. She could not get near at all. Finally I insisted he put them in her eyes so she knew how they felt, have her take them out, and then try again. Once she knew they did not hurt at all, she did it like a pro. I really think Kamryn will love them.
Also, I can hardly wait for Owen and Kamryn's pictures for D-World and I don't even really know you! It should be a great time for your family.
Carolyn (in Las Vegas)